The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (FreeBSD)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

4R8's "Round Thing" (rolled steel section yard feature)
Here's one of my recent projects which is nearing completion. The "thing" itself is complete but I still have a few finishing touches on the deck below to complete.

Not sure where to start on this one......

Background: My partner and I were standing in the backyard after the realization that it resembled some kind of sandy wasteland with a medium to heavy coating of things that once had a purpose but had fallen victims to our two canine friends. One a Staffordshire cross Rottweiller, the other a Boxer cross Rhodesian Ridgeback.
Ideas on what to do with the yard were being put forward when she mentioned me possibly building some form of "feature" to put above another outdoor dining set. The "thing" was born.....

Let the photos flow

All the rolling was done on a roller I got from ebay some time ago as kind of an impulse purchase. It came with a large selection of dies both round and square. Round to 3" and square to 2". I built a cart for it which it sits in and allows a spot for the dies to live.
[Image: IMAG0323.jpg]

a few shots of the material rolled, two sizes was used in the project.
50x50x1.6mm SHS and 25x50x1.6 RHS.
[Image: IMAG0326.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0640.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0641.jpg]

For anyone wondering, when you roll a square or rectangular section (not draw bend with an internal die) the profile changes slightly.

[Image: IMAG0328.jpg]

More in a minute
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
4R8's "Round Thing" (rolled steel section yard feature) - by 4R8 - 07-27-2012, 04:16 PM