The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (FreeBSD)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Lubricants for Milling Machines
I being new to milling machines, just getting my first one this month, decided to send for the operations manual for the machine. In reading it I discovered a list of lubricants required by the machine for it to operate properly. Next it was off to find the products and yes, I found that all were available from my local petroleum distributor but in rather large quantities for the hobby machinist. I took the time to read about each product, thinking that I could substitute other common lubricants I already had on hand, but found out that each of the three products are specifically formulated for milling type equipment in their formulation and that, given the price of the equipment, I decided it would be wise to use them.

The three products are all made by Shell Oil Company and their current names are:
"TONA S2MX68", for lubricating the swivel, rack pinion shaft, overarm slide, table slide and knee slide.
"OMALA- S2G320", for the back gear housing
"GADUS - S2V100-2", for the Feed gear box, Quill bearings, Motor, Bearing.

Now Toma and Omala both come in 5 gallon quantities only and Gadus, a grease in tubes, comes in cases of 10 tubes only. These products, priced on the West Coast market sell for $105.00 for the oils and $34.00 for the grease.

Does anyone out there have these products on hand now and would be willing to part with a smaller quanity of each and maybe a tube of the grease? Or does anyone know of a supplier who sells smaller quantities like quarts and single tubes? I think that the quantities I have found for the oils are the smallest quanities the suppliers package the products in.

If anyone else would be interested in purchasing some of these products I would be game to split an order to help reduce the costs to all.

Anyway guys thanks for the time to read the thread

M.L. Woy
ml_woy, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Jul 2012.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Lubricants for Milling Machines - by ml_woy - 08-21-2012, 10:33 AM
RE: Lubricants for Milling Machines - by EdK - 08-21-2012, 12:05 PM
RE: Lubricants for Milling Machines - by ml_woy - 08-21-2012, 01:50 PM
RE: Lubricants for Milling Machines - by EdK - 08-21-2012, 03:54 PM
RE: Lubricants for Milling Machines - by ml_woy - 08-22-2012, 10:28 AM
RE: Lubricants for Milling Machines - by Mayhem - 08-23-2012, 08:00 AM
RE: Lubricants for Milling Machines - by EdK - 08-27-2012, 03:58 PM
RE: Lubricants for Milling Machines - by stevec - 08-27-2012, 07:21 PM
RE: Lubricants for Milling Machines - by Mayhem - 08-28-2012, 12:08 AM
RE: Lubricants for Milling Machines - by TOM REED - 08-28-2012, 01:00 AM