The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (FreeBSD)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Enco comes through for me big time!
A week ago I had a complete brain fart moment and damaged my Enco mill.

In a lapse of concentration I left the spindle wrench on during a tool change and turned the mill on. The wrench hit the motor and stalled out. When I tried to turn it off (the switch is a forward-off-reverse three position) it went into reverse. Needless to say I was pretty flustered by the time I got it shut down.

I knew it was hurt as I couldn't move the shift levers and it apperared at least one gear was missing teeth. When I got the head disasembled, I found 2 bent shafts, 4 teeth missing from a gear and one key sheared off. Since the mill is only 10 months old I hoped it would not be a problem getting replacement parts.

The first issue I had was that the owners manual parts breakdown didn't look remotely like the parts that were inside my mill. I checked the Enco web site and downloaded the manual for my part number mill and that one matched the parts in my mill. This morning I called Enco and talked to a guy in the service department. I explained what happened and he said he would see if he could get the parts and then call me back. When he called later the bad news was the company that made my mill went out of business. The good news was he was going to ship me a new version mill for no cost and it was a better built version than my mill.

I am so thrilled with their customer service at this point. I was sick when I damaged my mill but it looks like it will turn out ok after all.
Collecting tools for 30 years.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Enco comes through for me big time! - by DanH - 11-12-2012, 10:34 PM
RE: Enco comes through for me big time! - by EdK - 11-13-2012, 11:54 AM
RE: Enco comes through for me big time! - by DanH - 11-13-2012, 09:08 PM
RE: Enco comes through for me big time! - by EdK - 11-14-2012, 06:33 AM
RE: Enco comes through for me big time! - by DanH - 11-14-2012, 11:10 AM
RE: Enco comes through for me big time! - by DanH - 11-20-2012, 12:02 AM
RE: Enco comes through for me big time! - by DanH - 11-24-2012, 02:10 PM
RE: Enco comes through for me big time! - by DanH - 11-27-2012, 07:13 PM
RE: Enco comes through for me big time! - by DanH - 11-28-2012, 09:07 AM