Latest Delivery
I got some new tools today from the brown truck guy.

I'll start a thread when I get to the project that will use the carbide burs.

Ed

Thanks given by: FlingZ
Ed, what do you suppose "the brown truck guy" did with the rest of your order?
Sorry, just my anti UPS side showing.
By the way, I today picked up some brazed carbide lathe tools that I bought from "pawindustrial" (Ebay store). The return address was Canadian and the postage meter stamp was "Canada Post" but the box was USPS Priority Post. I'm not complaining 'cause that meant there was no "Customs Canada Crap" and therefore no taxes and "processing fee"
I'm just curious. I have some carbide endmills on order from "pawindustrial" and I'll report back when I get the notice in the mail and go pick them up.
All this blather just to let my Canajun brothers know there is a potential supplier down in Champlain NY (very close to Canada)
More to follow.
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
I've never had any problems with UPS other than just about every package I get is crushed to some degree. Luckily, nothing has arrived damaged yet despite UPS' attempts to do otherwise.

I look forward to your report on the carbide tooling.

Ed
Thanks given by:
P.S. sorta, the brazed bits I got are Do-All made in USA so should be first class. They're DO2 BR 10 shanks are silver grey.
I hope they're not only good for unobtainium or something I'll never machine.
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
(09-28-2012, 04:03 PM)stevec Wrote: P.S. sorta, the brazed bits I got are Do-All made in USA so should be first class. They're DO2 BR 10 shanks are silver grey.
I hope they're not only good for unobtainium or something I'll never machine.

Steve,

Are these them?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-ACT-BR-10-883...27bf0b430d

Ed
Thanks given by:
(09-28-2012, 06:04 PM)EdK Wrote: ]

Steve,

Are these them?

Ed
Yup, those are them.
Thanks given by:
(09-29-2012, 08:35 AM)stevec Wrote:
(09-28-2012, 06:04 PM)EdK Wrote: ]

Steve,

Are these them?

Ed
Yup, those are them.

That's a good deal.

I shouldn't have looked at that ebay sellers list of stuff. I ended up buying a set of Mitutoyo radius gages, two Royal 5C collets and a tool called a CIRCLE MACHINE Uni-Level. It's used to set up tooling on the lathe.

Ed

Thanks given by:
(09-29-2012, 09:39 AM)EdK Wrote: .... and a tool called a CIRCLE MACHINE Uni-Level. It's used to set up tooling on the lathe.

Ed

I hope you have better luck with yours than I do Ed. That thing has a really course bubble on mine. I can raised and lower a tool bit quite a bit and the bubble never seems to move. Chin

I don't trust mine and hardly use it. Bleh
Then again, it's probably just an ID-10-T error on my part....
Willie
Thanks given by:
Well I'm glad I got a good deal on it then. Not too much money lost on a useless tool. Maybe I can use the stock it's made from on another project. Chin

Ed
Thanks given by:
I had to look twice at the boring bar, as at first glance I thought the brand name was "ManTool".

I don't have a brown truck guy, I have a silver car friend Big Grin
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by: