P&W 1830 Radial in 1/6 scale.
(07-01-2012, 06:43 AM)Bill Gruby Wrote: Hopefully it will be close to this Darren.
"Billy G"

Hi Bill. I'm new to the forum but now following your build with keen interest. The picture looks vaguely familiar. Maybe I missed it but did you mention where the design/drawings originated that you are working from?
petertha, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Sep 2012.
Thanks given by:
The prints are by Bob Roach in Australia. They are only available thru him. I have his address if you need it. Any castings (not many) are available from Bruce Satra.

I am pushing to get back to this project this week.

"Billy G"
Thanks given by:
(10-22-2012, 06:51 AM)Bill Gruby Wrote: The prints are by Bob Roach in Australia.... I have his address if you need it..

Ah yes of course, thats it. I saw some of build pics on Rons Model Engine Forum. I knew it looked familiar. What a fantastic project you've taken on. I'll be tuning into your progress, watching & learning. Maybe the occassional dumb question along the way.

Thanks for the address offer, but I'm a newbie. I'm aiming to start a 5 cyl radial of my own design soon (glow ignition). That will be more than enough to take on at my level. If the plans are buggered, I know who to blame.
petertha, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Sep 2012.
Thanks given by:
    Long overdue we are back to this project. I used the new saw to cut the blanks for the Master Rods this morning. 7075 -- .790 thick a 10" cut took just shy of 8 minutes.

"Billy G" Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Good to see you are back on THE project Bill. Yes, that 7075 really pushes back when you try to cut it, both sawing and milling. It makes a nice strong part though. Does this mean the kaleidoscope is on hold?

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
Yes, the scope is on holsd. This was started first. It has been on my mind for a while now.

"Billy G"
Thanks given by:
Bringing the blanks to finish size is always fun.

"Billy G"

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Billy,
Nice to see you back on this project Thumbsup
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Bookmatched Blanks 3.750X1.625X.790 I would like to have these ready for lathe work tomorrow but it's slow going. The rods have to be identical od the enging won't run correctly.

"Billy G" Big Grin

Thanks given by:
Holding +/- 0 is getting tough on these old eyes.Big Grin They are ready for the Lathe work tomorrow then it's back to the Mill.

"Billy G" Big Grin

Thanks given by: