Flip Up Threading Tool
The pin placement was easy, bolted the lathe tool into the tool holder, ran the right size transfer punch, down through the pin bolt hole, marked the the lathe tool, then mill the slot on that mark.
jack
Thanks given by:
Maybe I'm over-thinking it. How fine of pitch do you dare cut with this tool and its action? Looks like there'd be no problem in resorting to traditional methods for the finer threads with this tool in the holder.

What about chips getting under the swinging tool? Any problems?
Thanks given by:
(12-10-2012, 09:12 AM)Sunset Machine Wrote: Maybe I'm over-thinking it. How fine of pitch do you dare cut with this tool and its action? Looks like there'd be no problem in resorting to traditional methods for the finer threads with this tool in the holder.

What about chips getting under the swinging tool? Any problems?

Thanks to Ken's guidance I have a quality threading tools that uses 16 ER style threading inserts. I use this set up for threads 14 tpi and coarser and other the other tools for anything finer.
jack
Thanks given by:
Typical... Five minutes ago I'd never seen one but now, I've gotta have one Bash
Whatever it is, do it today, Tomorrow may not be an option and regret outlasts fatigue.
Thanks given by:
Must agree that's a smart tool, storing the idea. ...... thanks Jack
Magazines have issues, everything else has problems

Thanks given by: