P&W 1830 Radial in 1/6 scale.
Intake opened up and carb mounted. Binder works fine. Just have to shape it now. 1 hour tops.

"Billy G"

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
It's a done deal.

"Billy G"

Thanks given by:
That's very nice Billy, Smiley-signs107
Hope your wife is well on the mend
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
On the job. Smile

"Billy G"

Thanks given by:
Well done Billy!

Ed
Thanks given by:
Looking good Bill
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
The casting needs finish work now, first the lathe , then mill, and back to the lathe. For ease of finding the center in each machine this tool was fabricated. It will also keep everything flat.

"Billy G"

Thanks given by:
hi and my i say brilliant work
krv3000, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
(04-23-2013, 04:09 PM)Bill Gruby Wrote: The casting needs finish work now, first the lathe , then mill, and back to the lathe. For ease of finding the center in each machine this tool was fabricated. It will also keep everything flat.

"Billy G"

I'm not sure what I'm looking at Billy but it looks impressive none the less. Happyyes

Ed
Thanks given by:
(04-23-2013, 05:31 PM)EdK Wrote:
(04-23-2013, 04:09 PM)Bill Gruby Wrote: The casting needs finish work now, first the lathe , then mill, and back to the lathe. For ease of finding the center in each machine this tool was fabricated. It will also keep everything flat.

"Billy G"

I'm not sure what I'm looking at Billy but it looks impressive none the less. Happyyes

Ed

Ed;
The heavy aluminum piece in the chuck is the fixture. It is made with that much mass to absorb vibration while cutting the thin casting. The casting is on a spigot and bolted in the center. This fixture will allow me to bore the offset holes for both distributors. and any other mill work. Then back into the lathe for final cuts.

"Billy G"
Thanks given by: