yet another house plate

This ones in alloy, base from 6mm mdf, letters & border from 4mm mdf cut out on the hegner scroll saw with 12 degrees draught & glued up with ''white wood glue'', for 1 offs like these I give the patterns a quick coat of celly sanding sealer & then wax polish,saves loads of time painting,I only paint patterns if I want to make loads of castings. p.s. I don't just do plaques!!! more to follow.
Graham.
the artfull-codger, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2013.
Thanks given by:
Very Nice!Smiley-eatdrink004
ETC57, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by: the artfull-codger
Wow, very nice Smiley-signs107
I didn't realise you made your own letters and numbers. Would be nice to see how you go about making them. Thumbsup
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
(04-25-2013, 12:56 PM)DaveH Wrote: Wow, very nice Smiley-signs107
I didn't realise you made your own letters and numbers. Would be nice to see how you go about making them. Thumbsup
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH

Dave
will show some pics when I next do some
Graham.
the artfull-codger, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2013.
Thanks given by: DaveH

(04-25-2013, 01:43 PM)the artfull-codger Wrote:
(04-25-2013, 12:56 PM)DaveH Wrote: Wow, very nice Smiley-signs107
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Dave this is me cutting some letters on the hegner out of mdf,note the glass,it's my age y'know !!
Dave
will show some pics when I next do some
Graham.
Thanks given by:
Graham,
Is a Hegner a scroll saw?
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=5471]

Wow! That takes some steady hands. Kudo's Graham. Worthy
Willie
(06-11-2013, 05:58 PM)DaveH Wrote: Graham,
Is a Hegner a scroll saw?
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Hi Dave, yes Hegners are considered the ''best'' scroll saws[we call them fret saws over here] I started on a ''hobbies'' treadle saw I inherited off my Dad, he was gr8 on his treadle fretsaw, I've had various makes till I got a hegner, & considered it the best yet TILL I got a 2nd hand ''Delta'' from an autojumble for 30 quid,he wouldn't be knocked down, so I stumped up as I knew it was well worth 30 biffs,downside is it's 110volts but no problem to me WELL i consider it to be FAR superior to the hegner all cast iron & steady as a rock without even being bolted down, & a really fast blade change system for internal piercing it's a real ''clagger'' I love it,you yanks really know how to make tools!! I love american tools.
Graham.
Thanks given by: DaveH
(06-13-2013, 01:54 PM)the artfull-codger Wrote: I love it,you yanks really know how to make tools!! I love american tools.
Graham.

Well we used to anyway.... Confused
Willie
Thanks given by:
(06-13-2013, 03:30 PM)Highpower Wrote:
(06-13-2013, 01:54 PM)the artfull-codger Wrote: I love it,you yanks really know how to make tools!! I love american tools.
Graham.

Well we used to anyway.... Confused

Oh, I think we still know how to, we just don't do it.
The next generation probably won't know how to though. Smiley-gen163

Ed
Thanks given by: