How to Center a Rotary Table in Under a Minute Without Using an Indicator
Here's another addition to my series of one take wonders that shows how to center a rotary table in under a minute without using an indicator. This one's only four minutes long so the boredom factor will be kept to a minimum.

Tom

[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by: tekfab , Bustednuklz , Beone
Wait! does the presenter get to know who posts the "like"?
Nice vid Tom, and short enough for me to watch too!
Thanks.
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
(06-29-2013, 05:11 PM)stevec Wrote: Wait! does the presenter get to know who posts the "like"?

Yes, just click on the "+" symbol next to the 1 user Likes TomG's post and a drop-down list will show who did the liking.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Hi
Tom
Nicely produced video DroolDrool
I use a lathe dead centre to set mine up
Very similar but yours is more accurate
John
Thanks given by:
I know what you mean Steve, I also start getting that thousand yard stare after about four minutes.

Thanks John. Before I added the taper, it was only good to a few thousandths, but with the taper it consistently aligns within one.

Tom
Thanks given by:
Definitely a time saver. I'll be making one for my rotary table for sure.

Ed
Thanks given by:
(06-29-2013, 05:18 PM)EdK Wrote: Yes, just click on the "+" symbol next to the 1 user Likes TomG's post and a drop-down list will show who did the liking.

Ed
Cool. Thumbsup
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for posting that Tom. How do you set up to get such a small taper?
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
I have a taper attachment on the Hardinge Darren. It's pretty easy to sweep an indicator across it to set whatever amount of taper you need.

Tom
Thanks given by:
(06-29-2013, 08:49 PM)Mayhem Wrote: Thanks for posting that Tom. How do you set up to get such a small taper?

Not getting a small taper is the hard bit Smiley-dancenanaSmiley-dancenanaSmiley-dancenanaSmiley-dancenana
John
Thanks given by: