Dual flight controls for simulator
I have posted this over at madmodder but thought some of you might not visit that site and would be interested in seeing two of my hobbies getting combined. I plan to read the control position with Hall effect sensors which should give me really good resolution as far as input to the computer goes. The pocket bike steering dampers are just about the perfect weight to give a slight hydraulic feel to the roll action, the pitch damper will hopefully get installed today. First thing I have to do is make a pivot rod for the right side, its a bolt right now and a bit sloppy. Plus the bushing I made for the right side are the same diameter as the .500 reamed hole so not a tight enough fit. They will get remade again today and I will install the same thrust bearings that the left side got. Hopefully that will tighten everything up to the point there in no slop in the system at all, at least not noticeable.

[Image: 8uca.jpg]

[Image: zt54.jpg]

[Image: 9akl.jpg]

Shawn
Shawn, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Nov 2013.
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
Any foot operated rudder control on that? I have two cast aluminum pedals made for real airplanes that are "as cast" and not machined yet and I'd be willing to sell them cheap, you finish as required.

Photos to come later tonight!
Thanks given by:
Thanks Pixman. I do have a set of dual pedals getting built right now. I do appreciate the offer but I plan to build everything from scratch. Lots of flight sim enthusiast would definitely be interested though.

Cheers
Shawn
Thanks given by:
(02-17-2014, 01:21 PM)Shawn Wrote: Thanks Pixman. I do have a set of dual pedals getting built right now.

Cheers
Shawn

Rudder pedals or tail rotor pedals? Chin
Willie
Thanks given by:
Here's the ones I have:

[Image: IMG_1341-r.jpg]

$20 shipped to anywhere that a US Postal Service Medium Flat Rate Box will take them. That's less than $5 each because shipping is $11.30 for me.
Thanks given by:
Well Pixman, that's a deal I can't pass up. I'll happily pay that plus shipping for the pedals. Can I pay you with paypal? If you want to rethink the offer that's cool too, I'm sure you could get 3 times that price easily on eBay.

Thanks
Shawn
Thanks given by:
Willie, I was planning rudder pedals with toe brakes on the left side and tail rotor pedals on the right. I tend to fly both fixed and rotary wing and luckily the captain of both sit on opposite sides.

Shawn
Thanks given by:
(02-17-2014, 03:47 PM)Shawn Wrote: Well Pixman, that's a deal I can't pass up. I'll happily pay that plus shipping for the pedals. Can I pay you with paypal? If you want to rethink the offer that's cool too, I'm sure you could get 3 times that price easily on eBay.

Thanks
Shawn

Shawn,

I don't know how to ship to Canada most efficiently, so let me look into it. If you know and/or have a suggestion, let me know. And yes, I take PayPal.

I've have those two pedals since about 1983, when my employer (at the time) had about 50 of them cast for fitment to his Cessna 310. We had put a lot of miles on that plane together. I don't know what he did with the rest of them, it was the days before the internet was in everyone's home.
Thanks given by:
(02-17-2014, 07:25 PM)PixMan Wrote:
(02-17-2014, 03:47 PM)Shawn Wrote: Well Pixman, that's a deal I can't pass up. I'll happily pay that plus shipping for the pedals. Can I pay you with paypal? If you want to rethink the offer that's cool too, I'm sure you could get 3 times that price easily on eBay.

Thanks
Shawn

Shawn,

I don't know how to ship to Canada most efficiently, so let me look into it. If you know and/or have a suggestion, let me know. And yes, I take PayPal.

Flat rate boxes go to Canada too, Just the weight limit gets reduced, but you should have no problem in this case.
Thanks given by: