Log Splitter
Thanks DA,
That is the correct manual.
I'll have another read, the thing that confuses me is I have two wires from the start button, and two wires from the stop button. So do I put one wire from the start to S1 and one wire from the stop to S2 and then common the remaining two wires to GND?
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Dave, is the "start" button a "normally open" switch and the "stop button" a "normally closed" switch?
Also, NEVER have any switches or circuit breaking device between the VFD (inverter) and the motor.
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
Today I decided to cut the stump of one of the oaks I took down on our front lawn.

Here it is ready to test the log lifter on my splitter.

I think I'll try and rotate it to a better position for the first split.

This looks a bit better.

That is better, still had to help complete the separation with a few whacks of the axe.

Here's the second split, things are getting a bit more workable now.

a little more work and we have wheel barrow overload with stackable (sorta) firewood.

More work than I counted on, I`ll leave the second stump til tomorrow.
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
Steve,
The Stop and Start push buttons I have can be either normally open or normally closed.
I understand nothing is to go in between the inverter and the motor.Thumbsup

I don't have to put in a start and stop push button at this time for the log splitter. However in the future when I change the lathe motor I will want a stop, start button, reversing switch and speed control and read out.
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH

PS I didn't buy the stop and start buttons for this particular job, I've had them laying about for years.
Thanks given by:
Nicely done Steve.
Your control valve is it a detent type?
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
(05-30-2014, 06:47 AM)stevec Wrote: I hear ya Dave, I too am trying to "translate" the chinglish manual that came with my VFD. 17428

Steve,

What are you trying to do with your VFD? I'll try to help out.

Ed
Thanks given by:
(05-30-2014, 01:19 PM)EdK Wrote: What are you trying to do with your VFD? I'll try to help out.
Ed
Hi Ed,
Just trying to understand how to wire in a stop and start button into the VFD, and where to connect all the wires to.
One would think in a manual of 100 pages there would be:
1) How to wire in a STOP button
2) How to wire in a START button.
3) How the wire in a REVERSING switch.
They are there just not clear to me Bash
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
These instruction are not for my inverter, nevertheless instructions like this I can nearly understand. I say nearly because are the start and stop buttons both normally open?

Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
(05-30-2014, 01:45 PM)DaveH Wrote: Hi Ed,
Just trying to understand how to wire in a stop and start button into the VFD, and where to connect all the wires to.
One would think in a manual of 100 pages there would be:
1) How to wire in a STOP button
2) How to wire in a START button.
3) How the wire in a REVERSING switch.
They are there just not clear to me Bash
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH

Dave,

I can help you. I didn't respond because you said you weren't going to wire those in on the log splitter but on your lathe later on. I'll draw something up and post it.

Ed
Thanks given by:
(05-30-2014, 02:11 PM)DaveH Wrote: These instruction are not for my inverter, nevertheless instructions like this I can nearly understand. I say nearly because are the start and stop buttons both normally open?

Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH

Dave,

You always want the stop button to be a normally closed button. That way if a wire breaks in the stop button circuitry it'll look like you pressed the stop button which is what you want for safety purposes.

Ed
Thanks given by: