Making a Vacuum Hose Adapter
I need to sand the bondo I applied to the mill to fill in the divots from the factory goop that fell out. I put the bondo on fairly thick so there will be a fair amount of sanding required and I'm too lazy to do that much sanding by hand. I have a small power block sander that came with a little bag that slips onto a port to catch most of the sawdust but there was no adapter to adapt it to a shop vacuum so I thought it was time to make one. I have some delrin I got off of ebay some number of years ago so I grabbed a chunk of that to make the adapter from. I got one end ready for the boring bar. Lunch first, then continue on.

Ed

Thanks given by:
That is why everyone should have a latheRotflRotflRotflRotfl
John
Thanks given by:
(05-13-2012, 12:31 PM)doubleboost Wrote: That is why everyone should have a latheRotflRotflRotflRotfl
John

John,

Ain't that the truth, even if it's just a small lathe. Smile

Ed
Thanks given by:
The small end is done. Now on to the larger end. Less to turn for the OD, but more to bore out.

Ed

Thanks given by:
Nice work. There is a surplus store by my work that has blocks of white plastic 2"-3" thick cheap. I think i need to stock up on some for future projects (and buddies). I am almost positive they are from a plastics company across the street that didn't want to be bothered selling scrap bits. I cut some Vee's in a chunk of it a few years ago for my neighbor with my SBL shaper and it was perfect to work with...Bob
Bob Wright
Metal Master Fab
Salem Ohio
Birthplace of the Silver and Deming drill bit.
5 Lathes, SBL Shaper, Lewis Mill, 7 drill presses, 5 welders...
Thanks given by:
Got'r done!

Ed

Thanks given by:
Ed,

Oh, very nice - but does it leak Rotfl Smiley-dancenana
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Dave,

Thanks.

Being that it's a vacuum hose it doesn't really matter if it leaks a bit. I'm sure it's not air tight and it doesn't need to be for this application. Put it this way, it should not leak any more than any other shop vac connection. Big Grin

Ed
Thanks given by:
Nice job Ed!Thumbsup

Question, cauz I,m too lazy to look it up!!Big Grin

delrin, what is it?Chin ABS.17428

Jerry.Popcorn
ETC57, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
(05-13-2012, 03:41 PM)ETC57 Wrote: Nice job Ed!Thumbsup

Question, cauz I,m too lazy to look it up!!Big Grin

delrin, what is it?Chin ABS.17428

Jerry.Popcorn

Jerry,

Delrin is Dupont's proprietary name for acetal.

http://www2.dupont.com/Plastics/en_US/Pr...elrin.html

Ed
Thanks given by: