'nudda Toolpost workset tool
Hi Guys
With the projects and plans displayed here this is another toy in comparison.

However, we did get a chance to try out our recently-made DTI HOLDER as well and it works just great. Had near Zero reading on our 4 jaw with this piece, albeit we still need lots of work-setting practise on.

Thanks to Chuck St. Louis ( The Home Shop Machinist ) for his idea we copied on the Live Centre to Dead Centre setting-up which gave us a perfect Zero reading. Hope somebody benefits from his idea also.

Seeing U Guys just want pics here we are happy to oblige !!!
Happy eyeballing  !!!      
aRM

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
That looks very handy!

JScott, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Mar 2014.
Thanks given by:
(05-29-2015, 01:26 PM)JScott Wrote: That looks very handy!

Yes, thanks to Mick, we realised only after he posted his that it will serve a darn good purpose, just like the DTI Holder we made.
A tool for a tool. Nothing to beat that.
aRM
Thanks given by:
Very nice aRM, nicely photographed as well Thumbsup 
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH
Thanks given by:
(05-29-2015, 01:35 PM)DaveH Wrote: Very nice aRM, nicely photographed as well Thumbsup 
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH
Thanks DAVE,
'Tis encouraging 'n we need keep the place active with our smallish efforts.
Cheers
aRM
Thanks given by:
I may be displaying my ignorance here (one thing I do well! Blush ) but, what is the nifty looking device with the 2 ball bearings shown in the last three pics for? 17428 

Steve

Smiley-eatdrink004
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
(05-30-2015, 05:22 AM)stevec Wrote: I may be displaying my ignorance here (one thing I do well! Blush ) but, what is the nifty looking device with the 2 ball bearings shown in the last three pics for? 17428 

Steve

Smiley-eatdrink004
Hi Steve
Mick had a posting some where here on the Forum where He showed a round disc and even a long bar,  mounted in the chuck,  with this bearing device snugging up to Centre the workpiece. Seems like U missed  that.  No big deal.
We had saved that so I will load it here again for Your benefit.
Heck Steve, if we don't ask, we will never learn.
U welcome Kid.
aRM

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by: stevec
(05-30-2015, 06:48 AM)aRM Wrote: U welcome Kid.
aRM

KID?
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
(05-31-2015, 05:51 AM)stevec Wrote:
(05-30-2015, 06:48 AM)aRM Wrote: U welcome Kid.
aRM

KID?
STEVE
Well, If U are an 68 Year Old junior then I am a 67 Year old rookie !!! And that makes two of us kids in comparison to the pros abounding here.
No offence meant, Sir
aRM
Thanks given by: stevec
aRM, No offense taken.
Thank you for reminding me to update my profile. Ouch 

Steve

Smiley-eatdrink004
Thanks given by: aRM