Rebuild 5/6 ton log splitter
Pink bumps it is Big Grin

Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
I thought the bumps were for holding it in place, not riding along anything.

Dave, being only 1/8" thick, is it going to be thick enough to screw into?
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
Pete,
The pusher slides don't run on the 'bumps' the bumps are there to locate and hold it in place.
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH
Thanks given by:
My sliding plates are 150x80mm (6"x 3.15") I got a bit carried away Big Grin My initial thought (with the bought ones) was to use 4 plastic bits, 2 for the top and 2 for the bottom, cutting them so they were about 2" (50mm) wide.

Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH
Thanks given by:
(07-23-2015, 08:15 PM)Vinny Wrote: I thought the bumps were for holding it in place, not riding along anything.  

Dave, being only 1/8" thick, is it going to be thick enough to screw into?

You are correct about the bumps Vinny.
I would screw into the metal slider and recess the screw heads in the plastic pads. Even so 1/8" thick is a little thin so 5mm (.2") thick would be better.
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
If I made them 0.250 would you be able to machine them to whatever thickness you wanted/needed?
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
Thanks given by:
(07-23-2015, 08:59 PM)Vinny Wrote: If I made them 0.250 would you be able to machine them to whatever thickness you wanted/needed?

Vinny - thanks for your kind offer but I can use some flat plastic and fix it to the slider with screws, or I could use some flat brass. Thanks for the kind offer but it will not be necessary. Smile
I can do some thing like this. Use 4 (plastic) pads 2 at the top and 2 at the bottom.

There again I may not use any pads and use it as is.
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
The bottom and top part of the pusher - just tacked together the bottom part is more or less finished just needs cleaning up. The top parts still needs some more bits added to it.
The flat plate welded to the top of the tank is also visible.

Here in the Southern Hemisphere we don't wait for Summer Rotfl
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
And here I was going to make them a nice bright pink!
Thanks given by:
Didn't do anything yesterday, wet, windy, and cold Cool and to day was still too damn cold   Big Grin
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by: