Saturday Morning Video! 12-19-15

Best Regards,
Russ

Check us out on Facebook and give us a "Like" 

Crosby Machine Company, Inc

Thanks given by:
I bet your coolant pump has more HP than my cnc mill, great video. ?
Shawn, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Nov 2013.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, that coolant pump makes it look like a war is going on in there!
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
Nice video Russ Thumbsup 
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH
 a child of the 60's and 50's and a bit of the 40's Smile
Thanks given by: wrustle
That's great! The 2 flute mill roughing them out sounds better with the heavy hogging than it does with the light cut on the periphery. No surprise.
Thanks given by:
Okay, okay. I'll bite and BEGIN THE DOWNLOAD! Smile
1 hour, 45 minutes.
Thanks given by:
(12-20-2015, 12:28 PM)Sunset Machine Wrote: Okay, okay. I'll bite and BEGIN THE DOWNLOAD!  Smile
1 hour, 45 minutes.

Oh my that is so sad Big Grin  Big Grin

I think you are going to have to look at a bit of an upgrade Smile

Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
 a child of the 60's and 50's and a bit of the 40's Smile
Thanks given by:
Nothing but satellite and dialup here. I tried the space race for 18 months and it left too much to be desired, so I went back to dialup.
Thanks given by:
Russ, just curious... what is the do-dad sitting under the red bracket on the right side of the table for? 17428
Willie
Thanks given by:
(12-20-2015, 03:24 PM)Highpower Wrote: Russ, just curious... what is the do-dad sitting under the red bracket on the right side of the table for?  17428

That is the tool setter.  

Once a tool is loaded into the machine, the operator can set the tool length and diameter by pressing a couple of buttons on the control.

He can even load in several tools, tell the control what pocket (in the tool carousel) they are in, press a button, go get a coffee, and by the time he comes back, the machine will have automatically set all the lengths and/or diameters of those tools.

We keep the bracket on when not in use to prevent the setting stylus from taking potential damage should a chunk of holding stock (when face milling), or a loose piece come out of the vise and go flying around inside there.  

Sometime in the near future, I will ask Andrew to get some video of the whole process and post it in this section.
Best Regards,
Russ

Check us out on Facebook and give us a "Like" 

Crosby Machine Company, Inc

Thanks given by: Highpower