Electronics Question (again...)
(03-18-2016, 11:08 PM)Highpower Wrote: Now I just have to hope I guessed at ordering the correct mating connector and pins to connect the switch to.

Willie,

Which parts did you order? I can tell you if they're the correct ones. That Molex connector in the picture is one we use at work so I can check on the proper part numbers for you.

Ed
Thanks given by:
WM11958-ND connector and WM2517-ND pins.

I searched for HOURS and couldn't find any pins that said they were compatible with that style of connector. Then I finally figured out there were more listed below, but you had to scroll down to see them. Slaphead

Digikey is a great site for sure - IF- you know exactly what it is you are looking for. Not so much for a newb like me. It's like looking for a needle in a stack of needles. Blush

I found a few leftover molex connectors in my "electronics" parts box. I had a couple of 4 pin and 6 pin - but no 5 pin of course. Slaphead
Willie
Thanks given by:
(03-19-2016, 02:16 PM)Highpower Wrote: WM11958-ND connector and WM2517-ND pins.

Those parts should work Willie.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Cool. Thanks Ed. Since the switch will go into the upper housing I figured having a disconnect would be better for servicing the unit in the future, rather than having to stuff a bunch of extra long wires into the lower housing in order to separate the halves again.
Willie
Thanks given by: