Kahr PM9
My friend and I went to the range today. He wanted to rent some .22lr long guns to get a feel for some of them on the market.

The gun store had a, IIRC, a Marlin .22 lr clip-fed semi-automatic with a scope and a black plastic stock for $100, new. Pretty amazing price. It's a very small gun, it felt tiny in my big mitts. Lots cheaper than a Ruger 1022, but not as many cool accessories.
Thanks given by:
(04-27-2016, 08:21 PM)EdK Wrote: I went with an H&K VP9 to start off with. Mainly a range shooting pistol. My brother and I are going to take a carry permit class soon. I'll likely get a smaller carry pistol and eventually a shotgun. Probably a Mossberg 500 of some sort.

Ed

P.S. I actually survived the FBI background check.  Yikes

So...what is that thing we say about pics?

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
(04-29-2016, 04:55 PM)TomG Wrote: So...what is that thing we say about pics?

Smiley-signs125 busted.

Ed

Thanks given by:
Very nice Ed. Apart from the pistol and second mag, what are the other bits in the box?
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
(04-29-2016, 07:52 PM)Mayhem Wrote: Very nice Ed.  Apart from the pistol and second mag, what are the other bits in the box?

The thing in the middle is a magazine loading tool. The bits in the bottom middle and the bottom right are the back straps and grips. Both in small, medium and large. That's one of the things that attracted me to the pistol. I have small hands and with the replaceable grips and back straps I figured I could get a good fit. This is the first pistol I've ever had and at first it didn't feel so good in my hand but now that I've fondled it a bit and adjusted my grip I find it starting to feel more comfortable. This is mostly a range pistol. I'll be getting a smaller pistol for carrying at some point.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Thumbsup

Re: pics.
Just remember no crossing of the thumbs Ed. We don't want to see any pictures of bloody railroad tracks. Happyno
Willie
Thanks given by:
(04-27-2016, 11:16 PM)Highpower Wrote:
(04-27-2016, 08:21 PM)EdK Wrote: I went with an H&K VP9 to start off with.

Ed this is an older review on the VP9, but what I wanted to point out is how he reloads the magazines. If you want to save wear and tear on your thumbs I highly recommend getting one of the LULA magazine loading tools. They are somewhat universal and can be used on a lot of different magazines.

Smiley-gen163

So I finally got the UpLula and what a difference it makes in loading the magazines. Well worth the $28.

I go to a all day handgun training session next Monday. It includes extensive handgun training and the permit to carry training. My brother and I got a good deal by combining both in the same day.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Remember to stay away from the pointy end ED Big Grin

Is there a lot of crime in your neck of the woods? I did Google earth your address and it didn't seem to be an epicentre of illegal activity?

I'd love to squeeze off a few rounds on a semi auto pistol but the chances of that happening here are scarce. There is no way I could get one, without joining one of the law enforcement agencies or a branch of the military. I did have an opportunity to shoot a Colt 1911 a couple of years ago, which was fun.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
(05-11-2016, 07:33 AM)Mayhem Wrote: Is there a lot of crime in your neck of the woods?

There won't be after next Monday. Big Grin

Ed
Thanks given by:
Rotfl
Willie
Thanks given by: