mill vise
There's a few hits on ebay.com if you search for "2 piece machine vice".

This one looks really nice: Nikken Vice

Steve
Thanks given by:
(02-19-2018, 06:01 PM)SteveG Wrote: There's a few hits on ebay.com if you search for "2 piece machine vice".

This one looks really nice: Nikken Vice

Steve

Cheers, Steve, that's the same as mine except for the cast-in logo.  I don't recall paying that much for mine but I wouldn't think twice about replacing it for that price !  That vise and a horizontal mill are like pie and ice cream  Cool
Thanks given by:
Shars sells them for anywhere between $85 and $140 depending on size.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
Nice work and great idea mate. Additionally I'd recommend to craft the mill vise from steel. The one on your image looks like machined from aluminum. Won't last long if used often.
Compare at Compare-Bear
Thanks given by:
(02-20-2018, 12:04 AM)Vinny Wrote: Shars sells them for anywhere between $85 and $140 depending on size.

Which one are you referring to?
Thanks given by:
The vise Shars has? The more than likely Chinese version of the one in the original post.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
Thanks given by:
(03-20-2018, 02:13 PM)Vinny Wrote: The vise Shars has?  The more than likely Chinese version of the one in the original post.

[Image: 202-1027Main.jpg]
This is the only one I could find and comes in 6 and 8 inch versions. At first I thought it was a piston type clamping vice.  After I looked at the same thing at Travers I realized it tightens with a screw.  I don't have a lot of faith in the piston type vices.
Thanks given by:
Is Travers any cheaper than Shars on these things?
Thanks given by:
(03-20-2018, 06:36 PM)Vinny Wrote: Is Travers any cheaper than Shars on these things?

Just the opposite.
Thanks given by:
Kinda thought so.
Thanks given by: