Todays Project - What did you do today?
(04-30-2018, 09:37 AM)Dr Stan Wrote: Nice job on the interior Tom.

Thanks Stan
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
(04-30-2018, 09:55 AM)TomG Wrote:

Thanks Stan

Should I bring the seats from my '68 Plymouth Satellite while I'm vacationing in the UP in July? Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(04-30-2018, 02:50 PM)Dr Stan Wrote:
(04-30-2018, 09:55 AM)TomG Wrote:

Thanks Stan

Should I bring the seats from my '68 Plymouth Satellite while I'm vacationing in the UP in July? Big Grin

Sure. I'll show you how to do it while I work on the Frazer. Big Grin
But keep in mind, seat covers are readily available for your Satellite. Not so much for the Rambler.

Where are you going in the U.P.?

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
(04-30-2018, 04:00 PM)TomG Wrote:
(04-30-2018, 02:50 PM)Dr Stan Wrote:
(04-30-2018, 09:55 AM)TomG Wrote: Thanks Stan

Sure. I'll show you how to do it while I work on the Frazer. Big Grin
But keep in mind, seat covers are readily available for your Satellite. Not so much for the Rambler.

Where are you going in the U.P.?

Tom

Figured I'd get a reply like that.  I know seat covers are readily available for the Satellite, just yanking your chain a little.   Big Grin

I forget the name of the nearby town, but it's about halfway up the peninsula.  GF made the arrangements.  I've seen some pics and it looks nice.
Thanks given by:
Made a new Bullet mold for my 30-30.  Mold blocks are milled from 360 brass.  Sprue plate is cold-rolled steel.  The bullets are a gas-check design and weigh 160gr when cast from half wheel weight and half lino-type.  Now to get some loaded up and let the testing begin.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
(04-29-2018, 10:26 AM)Highpower Wrote: That, and the fact that it occupies a lot less space in the cockpit. It gives you more options as to where you can mount the face plate (control head). On top of the dashboard for example where you wouldn't want the bulk of the entire radio. It's a standard feature of some of the newer radios out there, so I'm assuming Vinny's product allows owners of non-removable face plate radios to convert their own vs. having to buy another new radio.   6799

Back in the day they sold car stereos with removable face plates to try to reduce radio thefts from vehicles. The idea was that you took off the face plate and then carried it into the house/store/work/wherever with you. That was too much of a hassle for most people and they just threw the face plate in the glove box instead out of sight. The thieves figured that out pretty quickly so it didn't do much to dissuade them from breaking into your car anyway.

I believe most of the after market stuff has a removal face plate. To have the control head, tuner & amp separate, would require a cable to connect the two. Forget CDs & USB, a pain changing on the fly (driving).

I know a few guys that built their HotRods using hidden radios and they are not to jazzed after the install. Idea sounded good but the execution misfires.

pep
Magazines have issues, everything else has problems

Thanks given by:
(05-18-2018, 02:30 PM)mnovinger Wrote: Made a new Bullet mold for my 30-30.

Nice job on cutting the vents. 6799
Willie
Thanks given by: mnovinger
Actually beside the shop, and I mostly stood around and watched.
Need to do some work on the thumb of this excavator for Kelly, Johnny said  while its here we may as well do the dirt work for the carport I want to build.
Had to remove a few trees along the shop, dug them out then shoved them over with the excavator. There was a lot of rock where the footings need to go so we dug out the area completely, will install the forms for the footings then back fill around them.
[Image: WTU4YNpuyQxwu6J34SRiZHHlugbPBx2tl7NLPydm...57-h343-no]

[Image: mCZ3WM6SDexRoFYna74MdHd_fOQZt2potJyJjEiN...7-h1250-no]

Good to have friends with big toys, Kelly has a mini excavator, this 8 ton one, one around 20 ton and a 35 ton one. Could drive the front of my truck in its bucket.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Made up the forms for the footings from 1x10 pine I sawed.
[Image: j5R3RjJocOyeZ7-o3BRsnII1BwmHXyFRq_UFGno6...78-h358-no]

That trench we dug for them didn't look that big, but it took 5 tri-axle loads to fill it.
[Image: r8C_ctqSe12YglaEXPkwigxynZOMN2akfl6vj8vm...7-h1250-no]

Almost to final grade.

[Image: 8sfkm-07TVBZIk7qsYo3Z25oh2vwE7kPW1aGBxzl...7-h1250-no]
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
(05-18-2018, 02:30 PM)mnovinger Wrote: Made a new Bullet mold for my 30-30.  Mold blocks are milled from 360 brass.  Sprue plate is cold-rolled steel.  The bullets are a gas-check design and weigh 160gr when cast from half wheel weight and half lino-type.  Now to get some loaded up and let the testing begin.

If you ever feel like it Big Grin , It'd be interesting to see a write up on how you make your molds, getting the proper bullet profile, grooves, etc.

Nicely done.

-Ron
11" South Bend lathe - Wells-Index 860C mill - 16" Queen City Shaper
Thanks given by: