mill vise
I have two 4" vices set up on my vertical mill and have a 12" vice waiting for restoration to go on my planner.  With the two 4" vices I can hold fairly long parts, just not real wide ones.
Thanks given by:
(03-20-2018, 06:36 PM)Vinny Wrote: Is Travers any cheaper than Shars on these things?

The only time you can get a good deal from Travers is to watch their ebay store. They're few and far between but you can get some good deals if you're patient. I got a nice Mitutoyo micrometer for a really good price a few years ago.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Here is another design. I just acquired this used " Carver T-500 " two piece vise set. The British company has two different models, this is the smaller set which fits my moderately sized mill. Very well made. and came with slide on swarf covers. The jaws provide both end clamping and also a downward gripping feature.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Mike
Thanks given by:
I'm going to have to break down and make a set. Too often I'm trying to jury rig something when a set of these is what's needed.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
I ended up buying the Nikken set that SteveG posted about. Bigger and a lot heavier than I thought they would be. But FAR better than the teeny little "Mighty Bites" I was using previously.
Willie
Thanks given by:
The T-500 Carver jaws are only 30mm high, but if necessary, making up some riser blocks would be easy enough.
Mike
Thanks given by:
(07-28-2018, 11:45 AM)Vinny Wrote: I'm going to have to break down and make a set.  Too often I'm trying to jury rig something when a set of these is what's needed.

Looks like ToT felt the same way. Great timing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UGY8iJH_aY
Willie
Thanks given by:
That was timely.  Too bad about his grinding vise tho...   Rotfl
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
Thanks given by:
Vinny, thought you might like to see vise on the mill table!.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by: Vinny
Thanks big o !! I've still yet to make it but it's still on the list.
Thanks given by: