Jet jmd 18 questions
I just recently found this site and its great! I just purchased an older Jet jmd 18 mill/drill that I have some questions about. Does anyone have a picture of the spindle speed/pulley configurations? The decal on mine is missing and Im told unavailable. If I can get a picture I can just make up a little chart with a sharpie marker so I know what the speeds are.
I havent done anything with the machine yet, gotta finish some other projects first. Then I can clean it up and fix what needs fixin. Thanks,
Craig
monkers, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Nov 2012.
Thanks given by:
Craig,
I think but I'm not sure is the Jet 18 mill the same as the RF30 mill?
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
This is what is on my RF30 mill

Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
JMD 18 owners manual. in PDF Format Spindle speed chart not in there. I posted it in case you need a manual. It has 12 speeds 150-3000.

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/media/i3d/0...034911.pdf

"Billy G" Thumbsup
Thanks given by:
Twice i have seen posted on other sites, about Jet not having any customer service.

Is this true?
sasquatch, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Jul 2012.
Thanks given by:
I have an old lathe which has no speed chart, nor documentation (nothing to identify it really). So I purchased a hand held IR tacho from eBay and used that to determine the speeds. I tested it on motors with known RPM and it was either spot on, or just a few RPM out. Certainly good enough for this use. It was $23.80 including shipping.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
(11-29-2012, 04:51 PM)sasquatch Wrote: Twice i have seen posted on other sites, about Jet not having any customer service.

Is this true?

I've never had a problem dealing from Jet, but based on the prices, they are very proud of their replacement parts.
jack
Thanks given by:
DaveH, Im new to these mills, but from what Im reading I think it is the same as the RF 30, thank you for posting the chart.
Thanks given by:
Bill, thanks for the link to the manual, looks like that is the same speed specs as posted by DaveH.
Thanks given by:
Mayhem, good idea with the tach, I could use it for other stuff also, thank you
Thanks given by: