Kondia FV-1 x-feed gearbox questions
Good you found the problem.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Hi glad you got it sorted
krv3000, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
Thanks guys. I am confident this has sorted the issue. I ran it up on the stand for a while and went through the various gears and all was good. The acid test will be when I put it back on the mill and run it under load.

However, I want to lift the table off first to check everything out, as the oiler has been broken and is another item on my to do list.

So at this point, I am placing a tick next to this on my list, knowing that I still have to test it under load in the near future.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
I noticed on the fwd/N/rev handle, there is a roll pin but nothing obvious to attach it to. Then I noticed an image of this mill on the www.lathes.co.uk Kondia. In this picture, there appears to be a rod connecting this to the table stops. Now this makes sense but looks different to the stops on my mill. I'll have to rig something up, as it makes sense to have the stops kick the x-feed into neutral.

I also note a T-slot bolted to the ram (which is also missing). I assumed the bracket on the column that engages the T-slot was for a DRO, so I used it to mount my control box. What would the purpose of this T-slot have been?
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by: