Kondia FV-1 x-feed gearbox questions
I didn't need to log on to see the video.

Ed
Thanks given by:
HiSmiley-signs009

Good video Mayhem Smiley-signs107
Thanks given by:
To me:
It almost looks like the entire tube is moving sideways, like there is excess play in the upper end of the case. It's hard to tell because of the camera shaking from being hand held. Setting the camera on a tripod or a solid surface instead of holding it might reveal more of what is going on.

So your problem may be due to radial movement of the shaft, instead of rotational. Or possibly both. Blush
Willie
Thanks given by:
Mayhem
Will it stay engaged in any of the other ratio's? I assume you raise the idler to the upper gears for a faster drive. If it stays in the other gears maybe the engagement hole is worn.
On the balls and springs from the bevel gear, it looks like the hub is keyed to the shaft but the gear should spin on the hub with the balls making the connection. A overload clutch so to speak.
Greg
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Sorry Willie - was using my phone to take the video.

Greg - yes, the problem exists in all gear select positions
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
No reason to be sorry mate. Just trying to help nail down the source of the problem that's all. Any video is better than no video at all. Smile

I just hope you are able to find a simple fix for it. Sweat
Willie
Thanks given by:
Is forward reverse mechanical or done by reversing the motor? If its mechanical try reversing the motor. The direction its turning in the video has the idler being pulled away from the selector gears by the rotation of the long gear. If that makes any sense.
Sorry I see you figured out the clutch. Didn't read enough of the middle posts.
Greg
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Thanks Greg, I didn't think of that! I will swap over 2 phases to reverse the motor. I won't get around to do this until next week but I'll report back once I have given it a go.
Thanks given by:
Mayhem, I just tried the link again and it worked fine this time. It gave me no further understanding of what the cause is but at least I got a peek at how it should function.
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
Oh - yes, I forgot to mention that I made it publicly available, as it was initially private, which is why you couldn't see it.
Thanks given by: