Johnson Model B bandsaw
Ok, got home from work, and there was a package waiting for me, the motor pulley showed up. So, I went out in the garage for a while and put the motor pulley on, put the motor on, wired it up, I also made the bushing to go in the two "vertical" blade guide bearings and installed them. This is where I ran into a little snag. I couldnt find out from anyone what the bearing numbers were for the vertical bearings (the ones that the back of the blade ride on) the horizontal ones are 6201 I think, 1.260 OD, so I got two bearings with a slightly smaller OD (1.105) I think they are a touch small, Im gonna try a couple more 6201s and see if they will work. With the smaller ones the back of the blade is almost touching the bearing holder on the one guide, it clears the back guide ok. Must be they were machined differently I guess. Ok, heres some pictures.

Heres the gaskets I made
[Image: 2013-01-30_17-06-12_113.jpg]

Here are the parts laid out, bearings installed
[Image: 2013-01-30_17-06-05_752.jpg]

Motor pulley and motor installed
[Image: 2013-01-31_17-48-31_954.jpg]

This is the rear guide, you can see the clearance between the back of the blade and the bearing holder
[Image: 2013-01-31_18-29-17_717.jpg]

This is the front guide that raises concern for me, you can (hopefully) see the lack of clearance between the back of the blade and the bearing holder. Im gonna try some of the other bearings to see if they will work without being too big of an OD so the horizontal bearings are still engaging properly, if any of that makes any sense.
[Image: 2013-01-31_18-29-08_836.jpg]

This is how she is sitting now
[Image: 2013-01-31_17-48-44_292.jpg]

Thanks for lookin guys!Smiley-eatdrink004 and if anyone has one of these Model B saws and has the blade guide bearing numbers I would appreciate the infoWorthy
monkers, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Nov 2012.
Thanks given by:
Now we're talking. Nice pictures!

Ed
Thanks given by:
Thank you Edk!!! Its coming along, gotta get some SAE 90 litium base gear oil this weekend when I run my errands and start it up and check the tracking. Once I get the bearings figured out I can start the daunting task of getting it to cut straight lol
Thanks given by:
Nice work Monkers!
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
Thanks Mayhem!! I appreciate the kind words from all of you. Not sure how much time I will get for it on the weekend, have some "Honey-Dos" lol. I need oil, Im eager to hear it run and start tracking the blade and getting it to cut straight.
Thanks given by:
Monkers, Are the bolts holding the bearings eccentric? I'm not sure if the rear ones need to be but the side ones are required for blade alignment and thickness. I'll check mine later this morning.
BTW nice work and thanks for the pics.
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
Great job on the band saw AND the build thread. It's fun to see it all come together. Smiley-signs107

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
Thanks guys! I enjoy working on old stuff and bringing it back to life. Stevec, two of the lower guide bolts are eccentric, if you have one of these model saws and could get the bearing number off the vertical guide bearing that the back of the blade rides on that would be much appreciated!
Thanks given by:
Monkers, no I don't have a Johnson Bandsaw and I checked my bandsaws and the rear bearings aren't on eccentric studs.

I don't think you need a specific bearing number just a bearing with the right width, bore and a sufficiently larger OD.

Why don't you contact Lynn from Accurate Bearing again I'm sure she could fix you right up.
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
Agreed, Great resto job on the saw, and also yes real good pics!!
sasquatch, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Jul 2012.
Thanks given by: