The Other Measuring Tools
(11-05-2017, 08:30 PM)Robert Wrote: I don't own this but it looks really cool! Would it be useful??? Do you own one?

[Image: 61bbOq6QMEL._SL1024_.jpg]

I think it may double as a sextant if you get lost in your shop....

Robert

Does it fit in a vernier height gage ?  Sort of looks like it might.  Anyone care to describe how this piece of art functions ?  Thanks !
Thanks given by:
It works quite well. The square and flat both come out and will fit in each other's place for measuring angles a number of ways. Whether or not it fits a height gage will depend on the clamp and the height gage. The flats are about 14mm x 3.5mm (0.550" x 0.135"). The scribe on my height gage is 0.250" but the max height of the scribe to fit the clamp isn't much more than 0.300". Yes, you could make another clamp if you really wanted to use it...
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
Thanks Vinny but I'm still confused (which is normal) about how to use that beautiful tool and it's function. Is it just a very precise protractor (and a piece of art that I'd display in a glass case on my coffee table) ?

Cheers -
Thanks given by:
I had a taper to do and that made it easy to set, as opposed to the old HF protractor I have. It's easy to use and precise. Not to mention inexpensive. It also gets a lot of oohs and ahhs when you open the case, so there's that too.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
Thanks given by:

Willie
Thanks given by:
Cool, I didn't realize it could do #4.
Thanks given by:
Blast. Now I want one.
Lathe (n); a machine tool used in the production of milling machine components.

Milling Machine (n); a machine tool used in the production of lathe components.
Thanks given by:
Price went up about $10 since I got mine. Here it is tho: https://www.banggood.com/0-320-Degree-Pr...rehouse=CN
Thanks given by: Pete O
That's is very handy. I just ordered one. That Banggood is coming up with some neat and affordable items.
Thanks given by:
Cheers, Highpower, EXACTLY what I was looking for !!  That is one heck of a cool little piece of gear and I want one too !
Thanks given by: