The Other Measuring Tools
Starrett Gear Tooth Vernied Calipers.

"Billy G" Big Grin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
I had one of those Bill, a guy gave it to me long ago, claimed he found it, i had no use for it and think i sold it on ebay years ago.
I remember they were quite pricey!!
sasquatch, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Jul 2012.
Thanks given by:
I got these two calipers so long ago I forgot I had them. A friend had bought an oak tool chest full of mostly woodworking tools and these calipers were in it. He had no use for them and I was just getting into metalworking so I bought them from him.

The ID caliper is a Brown and Sharpe and the OD is a Starrett.

Ed

Thanks given by:
How about something a bit more modern? Mitutoyo 543-558A digital electronic drop indicator, 2" throw, .00005"/.001mm reading. Snagged on Ebay for $225, It's on a Starrett No.653G stand that I got off Ebay from a guy in Maine for $75. Sad thing is I got short on bucks, a friend needed one, so I sold the setup for $450. That was still a helluva bargain because the indicator lists for over $700 and the stand for about the same.

[Image: IMG_1020-r.jpg]

http://www.mitutoyo.com/TerminalMerchand...group=1204
Thanks given by:
OOOOOO I'd love to have that one. Nice.

"Billy G"
Thanks given by:
Also, some other stuff.

Starrett No.S579GHZ set, double extending plunger arm type.
[Image: 090-r.jpg]

Starrett No.S831EZ set, half-ball standard length small hole gauges. Darren has the short length version, No. S830FZ.
[Image: 089-r.jpg]

Starrett Master Percision series solid squares.
[Image: 085-r.jpg]
6" No.20-6
4-1/2" No.20-4-1/2
3" No.55-3, bevel edge
1-1/2" No.20-1-1/2
Thanks given by:
(12-14-2012, 10:19 PM)PixMan Wrote: Starrett No.S831EZ set, half-ball standard length small hole gauges. Darren has the short length version, No. S830FZ.

Here they are:

.jpg   830.jpg (Size: 18.71 KB / Downloads: 142)

I also have the full ball set Starrett No. S829E

.jpg   829.JPG (Size: 14.95 KB / Downloads: 141)

Here is my set of Mitutoyo 155-903 telescoping gauges, which I picked up for $17.05, as one of them was missing a spring.

.jpg   155-903.JPG (Size: 38.5 KB / Downloads: 141)
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
Don't forget the adj. parallels.

"Billy G"

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
I also have the Starrett adjustable parallels, but not the plastic case. I have two of each though, just in case I need two of a similar height range.

[Image: IMG_0736-r.jpg]

I'm sure others would also have one of these, the Starrett No.359 Precision Bevel Protractor in the wooden box at right.
[Image: IMG_0729-r.jpg]
The funny part of this is that I bought it as part of a $100 purchase from a retired Starrett guy, and the box had that afterthought of a milled pocket. Two years later I found the "Acute Angle Attachment" in a box of miscellaneous junk at a flea market. Perfect fit in the box and on the tool!

BTW, the square in the wooden box if the 3" No.55 bevel-edge square. I came across the box new on eBay for $5, long after I'd got the square. The larger V-blocks are Starrett No.568, a matched pair for $40 in the orginal box. The smaller ones are matched No.278's, but missing one of the clamps.
Thanks given by:
I've been keeping an eye out for adjustable parallels on eBay and I missed an email alert for a set that were on my watch list. A Starrett set the same as Bills and they went for $30. Oh well, keep watching.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by: