Glad to see it went to a good home. Thumbsup
Willie
Thanks given by:
Billy
Very nice Thumbsup
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Ken gave me this home made surface gauge. I need to make a scribe for it.

My Starrett 711 DTI has both the universal friction holder (ø 3/16") and the double joint attachment, which covers ø 3/8", ø 3/16" and ø 1/4" as well, so I should be able to use both my DTIs without any trouble (I forgot to check).

Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
I recently purchased this stand from ebay, which was made by British Indicators Ltd.. A light clean up and oiling was all that was needed, and although the Jon Bull dial indicator looked grungy, its in great condition and works smoothly.

For an initial test, and a bit of fun, I decided to do a comparison check on a couple of items near my desk, to see which was closer to spec.. Here are some photos of the inspection tool and one of its possible uses. Photos should be self explanatory, and the winner is.......

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Mike
Thanks given by:
I have the perfect gauge for you.... http://www.surplusshed.com/pages/item/m4756.html

Smile
Willie
Thanks given by: Mike E.
For thirty bucks, that sounds like a deal. Thanks for the link.
Mike
Thanks given by:
I saw that indicator as well at the Shed. A good deal if you need one that precise.

I did take advantage of one of their group purchases and pre-ordered a pair of 20 X 80 binoculars for $80. They are being made now and are supposed to ship at the end of the month.

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
(09-29-2013, 05:06 AM)Mayhem Wrote: Ken gave me this home made surface gauge. I need to make a scribe for it.

I have one that I purchased off Craigslist. Looks identical. Must be a particular set of plans that apprentices have to use.
Full of ideas, but slow to produce parts
Thanks given by:
(08-16-2017, 09:47 AM)Mike E. Wrote: decided to do a comparison check on a couple of items near my desk

I bought one of those bottles on my recent trip to Scotland. Grant whisky, I believe. They're all over the tourist junk shops, in all sorts of flavors.

Funny thing is, I don't particularly like whisky. I do, however, think that Loch Ness beer is some of the best I ever had.
Full of ideas, but slow to produce parts
Thanks given by: