The Other Measuring Tools
I bought the little bottles as a novelty on a trip to Edinburgh earlier this year. For some reason they reminded me of a Three Stooges episode, where the boys were at a Scottish castle and were offered a "snifter" by the Master. I recall, all they got to do was sniff the cork, lol.
Mike
Thanks given by:
" Bring on the tools that most won't have or need "....... The first post in this thread - 2012.

Well, I just bid on and won a tool that very few will have, and I know I'll never need.

I knew what it was, and since the starting bid was .99 pence here in the UK, I thought I would put in a ridiculously low bid just for the fun of it. Imagine how utterly gobsmacked I was to find out I had won !  The item is a CEJ Mikrokator and Comparator Stand. The indicator reads to fifty millionths of an inch. I'm so excited I couldn't wait to post this.

Hopefully it will arrive unscathed in a few days, and I'll post the good or bad news then. Sweat 
In the meantime, I'm going to prepare myself for the bombardment of .....   You Suck  's.
Mike
Thanks given by:
You Suck You Suck You Suck You Suck You Suck
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
You Suck  And you better post some pictures!
JScott, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Mar 2014.
Thanks given by:
(09-29-2017, 03:26 PM)Mike E. Wrote: " Bring on the tools that most won't have or need "....... The first post in this thread - 2012.

The item is a CEJ Mikrokator and Comparator Stand. The indicator reads to fifty millionths of an inch. I'm so excited I couldn't wait to post this.

Even Tom Lipton would be proud and give you a You Suck
Willie
Thanks given by:
(09-30-2017, 08:24 AM)Highpower Wrote:
(09-29-2017, 03:26 PM)Mike E. Wrote: " Bring on the tools that most won't have or need "....... The first post in this thread - 2012.

The item is a CEJ Mikrokator and Comparator Stand. The indicator reads to fifty millionths of an inch. I'm so excited I couldn't wait to post this.

Even Tom Lipton would be proud and give you a  You Suck

I like his videos. This morning I watched the one about  how to measure the thickness of a Sharpie marker.
Mike
Thanks given by:
(09-30-2017, 07:17 AM)JScott Wrote: You Suck  And you better post some pictures!

Photos will be posted, along with either a....... Smile   or  Bawling

Edit:  Ok, here's a teaser photo.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Mike
Thanks given by:
The Mikrokator & Comparator Stand arrived this morning. Its physically much larger than I thought. The stand weighs 23 lbs. and the support tube is 12 inches tall with a 2 inch diameter.
I opened the box with trepidation, because earlier this week I noticed that I missed the fact that did not see the indicator hand on the dial. My concerns were wrong, as both the indicator and fine adjustment on the stand turned out to work just fine. I'm a bit overwhelmed  at the moment, and not sure what I am going to do with it, except maybe check the accuracy of some gage blocks.  Suggestions ?
A good clean up is in order, and the stand could use a repaint, but I'm not complaining as it all works. Sorry about the dark photos, its another dull dreary day here in the UK.

Mike
Thanks given by:
Spent a couple rainy days refreshing the comparator to the condition it deserves, and happy with the results.   Smile

Mike
Thanks given by:
For some reason I expected more green...
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by: