The Other Measuring Tools
(11-02-2017, 10:05 AM)Vinny Wrote: For some reason I expected more green...

Just trying to expand my artistic color pallet.
Mike
Thanks given by:
I don't own this but it looks really cool! Would it be useful??? Do you own one?

[Image: 61bbOq6QMEL._SL1024_.jpg]

I think it may double as a sextant if you get lost in your shop....

Robert
"but will it work when I get it back together?"  - Me
Thanks given by:
A universal bevel protractor will measure an angle to within a couple minutes of a degree. They work well for doing accurate layout work, but are probably a bit of overkill for that. They can also be used to set a part in a vise or on an angle plate to a very precise angle, but take a good amount of skill to use effectively. In short, they tend to spend more time in their cases than in actual use, so I would suggest spending the money on a sine bar and a set of gauge blocks instead. It's a much better way to set an angle.

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
I have one. I've used it for setups many times.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
(11-05-2017, 10:31 PM)Vinny Wrote: I have one.  I've used it for setups many times.

Smiley-signs009
Thanks given by:
(11-05-2017, 08:30 PM)Robert Wrote: ................. I think it may double as a sextant if you get lost in your shop....

Robert

I can relate to that, lol.  I'm retired now, and am downsizing from 15,000 sq. ft. in California, to hopefully a 350 sq. ft. garage overseas; that is " if " I win my appeal against the Planning Department, as they consider 350 excessively large.  Sad

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Mike
Thanks given by:
(11-05-2017, 08:30 PM)Robert Wrote: I don't own this but it looks really cool! Would it be useful??? Do you own one?

Robert

I have one but had to get one with a cheater lens so I could actually read it. Couldn't afford a sine bar and a good gauge block set. Still can't afford it actually. Big Grin

[Image: 16330.jpg]
Willie
Thanks given by:
Now that I'm retired, and interested in model engineering, I've been searching to replace tools I rarely used but foolishly sold years ago. Guess I'm a dinosaur, but to me, the far east products on the market are not worth acknowledging. Fortunately, I've been having a good run of luck lately in finding some quality old school machinist tools, and have acquired a set of Hilger & Watts precision angle gages, a Verdict cylindrical square, and a complete 83 piece set of Harbots gage blocks to complete my metrology list.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Mike
Thanks given by:
Very nice Mike.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
nice
krv3000, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by: