Bandsaw Conversion
A little over 19" Ed. I'm really pleased with it's performance. Someday I hope to strip it down, clean and paint it.
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
(12-23-2012, 01:28 PM)Bill Gruby Wrote: Finished blanks ready to drill. I do not need the tilt so these will be stationary. More later.

"Billy G"

Beautiful work Bill, did you have plans for the guides or just copy the old ones or just built them as you went? You have me inspired to look for a saw and build one.
ml_woy, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Jul 2012.
Thanks given by:
(12-24-2012, 11:36 AM)ml_woy Wrote:
(12-23-2012, 01:28 PM)Bill Gruby Wrote: Finished blanks ready to drill. I do not need the tilt so these will be stationary. More later.

"Billy G"

Beautiful work Bill, did you have plans for the guides or just copy the old ones or just built them as you went? You have me inspired to look for a saw and build one.

I have prints that I drew up for those somewhere. I will look them up after the holiday.

New game plan folks. I'm gonna make multiple sheeves to get a 3 speed saw. The one on the blade wheel will be 4"-4"-4". The one on the gear reduction unit will be 10"-6"-3". This will yield 266-159-80 SFPM.

"Billy G" Chin
Thanks given by:
Sounds like a great project posting.
sasquatch, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Jul 2012.
Thanks given by:
We are rounding third base and headed for home. The drive from the reduction unit to the blade wheel is all that is left.

"Billy G"

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
It's Sunday, everything went fine till I took the smallest belt I had off the rack. 47 inches was too big. Whipped up an "Idler" in an hour or so and it's ready for a new blade. That's gonna happen tomorrow.

"Billy G"

Thanks given by:
Is the "Idler" permanent or are you getting the correct belt after?

Looks good, interesting to see how it cuts.
sasquatch, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Jul 2012.
Thanks given by:
That depends on slippage sas. If it slips while cutting I am going to a chain. If it does not slip I can leave it that size so I can change it easier. No moving the motor and gearbox.

"Billy G"
Thanks given by:
Using an old wood blade I checked the SFPM with the Biddle Gage using the wheel attachment that comes with it. A 6 inch wheel takes a direct reading. A 12 inch wheel you divide be 2. A 14 inch wheel you divide by 2.3 . The reading was an even 600. That divided equals 260 SFPM.

"Billy G"

Thanks given by:
Billy,
Nice job, useful bit of kit Smiley-signs107 Thumbsup
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by: