Bandsaw Conversion
Now that is a neat to have have gauge!! Never seen one!

A "BIDDLE" gauge.
sasquatch, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Jul 2012.
Thanks given by:
I have 3 of them in different sizes. They measure RPM or SFPM.

OK it's all over but the shouting. New 14 TPI blade cut thru 3/8 X 3 X 3 7075 Aluminum scrap piece in 51 seconds flat. It was well worth the effort.

"Billy G"

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Darned nice to have that Bill !! Thinking of one myself , as i'm at times stuck for something like that.
sasquatch, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Jul 2012.
Thanks given by:
a brill post and a good job
krv3000, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
Pardon my ignorance but what is a brill ?

"Billy G"

PS -- I hope it's short for brilliant ? Nah. Rotfl
Thanks given by:
(01-01-2013, 04:11 PM)Bill Gruby Wrote: Pardon my ignorance but what is a brill ?

"Billy G"

PS -- I hope it's short for brilliant ? Nah. Rotfl

Billy,
Got it in one Thumbsup
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Nice project! I have an old Montgomry Wards wood band saw that I converted to metal years ago, (its in storage with the rest of my stuff) but I never got to test it out really before the sh*t hit the fan with the divorce. I had used an old gear reducer, not sure if it was 50:1 or 60:1, I used step pulleys and I think its a 3/4 or 1 HP motor. Your project is encouraging to me!! What size is your motor? Have you cut steel yet? I use mostly 1/8" and 1/4" so that is what Im looking to cut. Im wondering if my motor is big enough or not. Thaks for sharing the pictures and info with us. I like the Biddle guage, very handy. Where did you get that? Is it something still available or from years ago, looks like it would be very handy to have.
monkers, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Nov 2012.
Thanks given by:
"monkers"

I use that one now for all my flat stock. It cuts ss like butter. I have never changed the blade speed. I just let the saw do its job. I just now cut some 1" Aluminum plate. Piece of cake. So far I have cut Brass, Bronzs. 4140, SS and Aluminum.

The motor is a 3/4 HP. It has a 60:1 reducer. I don't know how I got along without this saw.

"Billy G"
Thanks given by: