razor
heres one I received in the mail the other day, an old Wade and Butcher made in Sheffield England. I gave it a good long soak in some Neatsfoot oil the other day when I could leave it in the sunshine, the oil seems to of helped the buffalo horn scales.

dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:
I rummaged through some of my stuff and came up with this beauty. Don't know a thing about it other than it doesn't look like its had much use. There was a chip on the corner of the blade, so I had to shorten it a bit and I'll probably shorten the handle to match.

I already have a super fine Arkansas stone, so a strop should put me in business. Sweat

Tom

[Image: 062.JPG]
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
(03-23-2013, 02:47 PM)TomG Wrote: I rummaged through some of my stuff and came up with this beauty. Don't know a thing about it other than it doesn't look like its had much use. There was a chip on the corner of the blade, so I had to shorten it a bit and I'll probably shorten the handle to match.

I already have a super fine Arkansas stone, so a strop should put me in business. Sweat

Tom

Tom,

Another one of those optical delusions? I don't see anything. 17428

Ed
Thanks given by:
Oops! Try it now.

I did a little Googling and Easy Aces seems to be a Solingen blade made for the American market and I found a couple for sale in the $140 range. Too bad mine was chipped.

Tom
Thanks given by:
OK, I see it now. Probably because I'm consuming a cold Killian's though. 5176

Ed
Thanks given by:
I think that was my problem as well. Now that I'm working on a glass of my Scotch Ale, things are going much better. Smiley-eatdrink004

Tom
Thanks given by:
nice looking razor. I shaved with the on in the last picture I posted this morning it still needs some more time on the stone to be sharp.

at the moment I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of this, looks sorta rough but at 125 years old I probably will also

Thanks given by:
(03-23-2013, 05:12 PM)dallen Wrote: at the moment I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of this, looks sorta rough but at 125 years old I probably will also

That looks like it was a really nice pocket watch back in its day. Do you plan on restoring it as much as possible?

Ed
Thanks given by:
yep just as soon as it gets here next week.

Thanks given by: EdK
(03-23-2013, 05:49 PM)dallen Wrote: yep just as soon as it gets here next week.

Please take copious amounts of pictures and post them, if you will please.

Ed
Thanks given by: