a new oil pot
HI, this is my tip on a precision oilier. This is how I have made some of my own up.( SOS no pics right). Keep all your run out ball point pens. The bit you need to keep is the bit that holds the ink and the tip. Type 1 is remove the ball from the tip a touch on a bench grinder or Dremel will soon remove the ball. Then clean out the tube and tip with alcohol. Once clean, cut the tube to the length or leave it long, it's up to you. Then you can go to your nearest hair stylist, or ask the wife to do this for you, and ask them for the used bottles they have used to apply dye to peoples hair. They threw them in the bin once they have used them. Fetch them home. Put on the wife's rubber gloves as the dye is a sod to get off your hands. Then you will need to cut the top of the bottle so that the pen tube is a nice fit and glue in place. Type 2 is the same but remove the tip of the pen all together and fit it to a brass tube. Found a pic of one that I made out of a piece of copper tube (see the bit outlined in red.)

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=184]
krv3000, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
Hi Bob,

Sorry mate, but your photo seems to be lost in cyber space,
any chance you can post it again.Smile

Thanks
Smiley-eatdrink004
Dave
Thanks given by:
(03-21-2012, 06:48 AM)DaveH Wrote: Hi Bob,

Sorry mate, but your photo seems to be lost in cyber space,
any chance you can post it again.Smile

Thanks
Smiley-eatdrink004
Dave

yep will post sum tonoght
Thanks given by:
HI as promised some pics. I made this type different. I had to drill the tops for the tube to fit and I used chemical metal to help support the tube (right pics).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Neat idea Bob, makes a nice oil 'dropper'

What is chemical metal?

Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
(03-22-2012, 06:59 PM)DaveH Wrote: Neat idea Bob, makes a nice oil 'dropper'

What is chemical metal?

Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH

Dave,

That looks to be similar to JB Weld. It's a machinable epoxy, some of which has metal dust in it. What Bob used appears to be just the plain JB Weld without the metal dust. I'm sure he'll clarify it for us though.

Ed
Thanks given by:
(03-22-2012, 06:59 PM)DaveH Wrote: Neat idea Bob, makes a nice oil 'dropper'

What is chemical metal?

Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH

well its a two part puty it cumse in a tube the hardened is in the midel and the epoxey on the out side you cut a pece of and mix them together then you can form it to any shape it can be sanded drilld and taped its a bit like play do i no the type dave is refering to this is a chep alternitve its only £1 a tube and its as hard as hell when set [/quote]

(03-22-2012, 07:10 PM)EdAK Wrote: Dave,

That looks to be similar to JB Weld. It's a machinable epoxy, some of which has metal dust in it. What Bob used appears to be just the plain JB Weld without the metal dust. I'm sure he'll clarify it for us though.

Ed

Thanks given by:
Thanks guys,

I know what you mean, "Metal putty"as it is known here.

I use it to hide some of my bad welding, looks fine when it is painted Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
(03-22-2012, 07:53 PM)DaveH Wrote: I use it to hide some of my bad welding, looks fine when it is painted Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the tip. Big Grin

Ed
Thanks given by: