unacceptable appearance
What was this post about anyway??

A pic of a pipe vise, and don't like the name????????????????????????????
sasquatch, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Jul 2012.
Thanks given by:
Methinks there's a chance he'd already hit the syrup before he got to posting. Blush

And BTW, I hate those kind of tap wrenches. I have a Crapsman one like that and the block opposite the moving jaw just wouldn't stay put.

Like is what good tap wrenches look like:

[Image: IMG_0744-r2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Willie your folks gave you a craftsman tool set?Confused I had to buy my first set,SweatSweat it was a craftsman master mechanics set with top and bottom boxes, brand new from Sears in 1973. I still have the boxes and some of the tools, most grew legs and were replaced with Proto.SadnoSlaphead
It's all about the friends you keep!Chin

Jerry.Popcorn
ETC57, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
(01-27-2013, 08:32 AM)sasquatch Wrote: Nice looking tap wrench.

Thanks, TRW I believe.

(01-27-2013, 09:26 AM)EdK Wrote: Well Mike you are certainly free to leave if you don't like it here and are embarrassed by it.

Ed

I am offended by your post Ed thats enough for a removal no? I'm just playing.

I was sincere about the site name though. If i were 35 years younger and a child I would easily be diagnosed with autism. One thing common with autism is saying honest opinions that are offensive to others but I just view it as a statement of fact not a intended belittling. I guess belittling is a word.

As a friend I'm the best you could ask for, as an enemy I am even better. This is one of my dumbest thread ever (debatable as they all are) but at least its got some movement on the site which is why i posted it. One hundred eighty seven members isnt enough for me I want more but you want less? I'll have to think about it Ed. If i have the grace to do so?

(01-27-2013, 09:33 AM)Highpower Wrote:
(01-27-2013, 08:32 AM)sasquatch Wrote: Nice looking tap wrench.

I like those old school Craftsman ratchet and combination wrenches myself. The style/quality that they had 40 years ago. I still have (and use) the same tool set my parents gave me for Christmas when I was 15. Thumbsup

They are not the most comfortable design in the hand i find the edges a bit square, I actually sanded one of these down as i use it all day. I have lots of craftsman old school. I dont think a guy can go much better.

(01-27-2013, 05:44 PM)sasquatch Wrote: What was this post about anyway??

A pic of a pipe vise, and don't like the name????????????????????????????

We are just going to try to make it a little more presentable is all. I was thinking a Bridgeport gray. We being me and my imaginary friends.

(01-27-2013, 07:13 PM)PixMan Wrote: Methinks there's a chance he'd already hit the syrup before he got to posting. Blush

And BTW, I hate those kind of tap wrenches. I have a Crapsman one like that and the block opposite the moving jaw just wouldn't stay put.

Like is what good tap wrenches look like:

[Image: IMG_0744-r2.jpg]

I dont have a problem with this one and I think I am somewhat of a tool snob. Very opinionated on what i like at the very least.
mikecwik, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.
Thanks given by:
(01-27-2013, 08:03 PM)ETC57 Wrote: Willie your folks gave you a craftsman tool set?Confused

Jerry.Popcorn

Yes Jerry, my mom took pity on me that year. It was a good Christmas. Thumbsup

I traded the box in (3 drawer chest) back when I bought my first "professional" set from MAC tools, but I still have all the Craftsman tools.

So what have you been up to stranger? Haven't heard from you lately, and was ready to send out the dogs... Big Grin
Willie
Thanks given by:
Well Willie, times are tough moneys tight so I've just turned the heat off in the shop and been gitten my machining fix by watchen yalls projects on the well named fun forum!! Smiley-eatdrink004
Thanks to all for all the great post,I may not be doing much in the shop right now but my gotta make one of those!! list is giting very long keep em coming!! Thumbsup

Jerry.Popcorn
ETC57, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
(01-28-2013, 09:03 AM)ETC57 Wrote: Well Willie, times are tough moneys tight so I've just turned the heat off in the shop and been gitten my machining fix by watchen yalls projects on the well named fun forum!! Smiley-eatdrink004

Trust me Jerry, I understand. Hang in there, spring is right around the corner... Big Grin
Willie
Thanks given by:
Speaking of cold shops. I went out to mine to do a couple of quick things and my 16x60 lathe wouldn't go.
After opening it's panel and turning the interlock switch with pliers I found I could manually get it to latch on in reverse but not forward.
Finally I took the cover off the micro switches that are operated by the shaft with the lever that travels with the carriage and noted that one of the micro switches wasn't returning to unactuated position. I gave it a little help and when I pushed the lever down, TA DA! the lathe worked in forward!
Cold enough to make micro switches sluggish, who'd a thunk.
Were expecting to go into above freezing temperatures on Wed. so I plan to get a fire going in the Jötul and turn on the electric heater early in the morning so I can get some work done in relative comfort by midmorning and afternoon.
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
Warm weather headin your'e way Steve, right now -4c, but within two days up to +7c,, but then dropping sharply again.
sasquatch, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Jul 2012.
Thanks given by:
(01-27-2013, 09:26 AM)EdK Wrote:
(01-26-2013, 05:27 PM)mikecwik Wrote: I gotta tell you that I would have liked to been in on the conversation when a name was chosen for the site. I know its a name that does not entice me at all. I am honestly embarrassed to tell anyone the name of the site. Well, i gotta go drink some syrup.

Well Mike you are certainly free to leave if you don't like it here and are embarrassed by it.

Ed

I think I am out Ed, I will delete my threads as soon as i can. It turns out I can't do it. So if a mod will waste some of their time you can remove all my postings on this site.
mikecwik, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.
Thanks given by: