unacceptable appearance
I dont drag it out much but as i did today I thought it deserved to look a little nicer. I of course did not lead it to this condition, I paid a couple dollars for it however many years ago. I am glad i did decide to clean it up what i thought were original bolts i guess are not as they are not shouldered. Maybe they are original but i don't see why they would use them so those will get replaced.

I dont know why I chose this project as i have tons of needed stuff i should do. I hope it ends up looking better but I never know what I will turn out.

I got ahead of my camera on this one.... just trying to generate some action on the site. I gotta tell you that I would have liked to been in on the conversation when a name was chosen for the site. I know its a name that does not entice me at all. I am honestly embarrassed to tell anyone the name of the site. Well, i gotta go drink some syrup.

[Image: DSCN1073_zps812d2fc0.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1081_zps909348a9.jpg]
mikecwik, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.
Thanks given by:
(01-26-2013, 05:27 PM)mikecwik Wrote: ...i gotta go drink some syrup...

Take your time Mike, take your time...
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
(01-26-2013, 05:27 PM)mikecwik Wrote: I gotta tell you that I would have liked to been in on the conversation when a name was chosen for the site. I know its a name that does not entice me at all. I am honestly embarrassed to tell anyone the name of the site.
Well here's your chance - you think of a name then?

By the way - a rose by any other name will smell as sweet.
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Nice looking tap wrench.
sasquatch, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Jul 2012.
Thanks given by:
(01-26-2013, 05:27 PM)mikecwik Wrote: I gotta tell you that I would have liked to been in on the conversation when a name was chosen for the site. I know its a name that does not entice me at all. I am honestly embarrassed to tell anyone the name of the site. Well, i gotta go drink some syrup.

Well Mike you are certainly free to leave if you don't like it here and are embarrassed by it.

Ed
Thanks given by: Mayhem
(01-27-2013, 08:32 AM)sasquatch Wrote: Nice looking tap wrench.

I like those old school Craftsman ratchet and combination wrenches myself. The style/quality that they had 40 years ago. I still have (and use) the same tool set my parents gave me for Christmas when I was 15. Thumbsup
Willie
Thanks given by:
I would bet the farm that all of those are the original bolts. I have a couple of these Pipe Vises and they all have square head bolts and nuts.

"Billy G"
Thanks given by:
eee shod be a shamed of ones self leving that rubber band on the work bench will cum in handy one day RotflRotflRotfl
krv3000, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
Bob, I had to search for the rubber band but I eventually found it.
Rotfl
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
(01-27-2013, 04:00 PM)stevec Wrote: Bob, I had to search for the rubber band but I eventually found it.
Rotfl

Smiley-signs009
Thanks given by: