Jet JMD 18 project
Thank you.....gotta work on a drawer now....lol.....
monkers, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Nov 2012.
Thanks given by:
ok, with some fighting, I got the drawer done......I do not like wood working and Im very bad at it. I used KV drawer slides rated for 100 lbs, not sure if im really happy with them or not. My only experience with drawer slides was installing one pair of Accuride slides in a rack I built for the inside of an enclosed trailer. The guy wanted a rack to hold stuff, and a pan to hold a Snap On road box and have it slide out. The Accurides slides were awesome, expensive, but very smooth. These slides are no where near as smooth....live and learn I guess.... The drawer didnt come out as nice as it should have, but it will work.....

[Image: 2013-03-19_17-36-55_357.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(03-21-2013, 06:48 PM)monkers Wrote: ...The drawer didnt come out as nice as it should have, but it will work.....

That's what counts. You can pretty it up later.

Ed
Thanks given by:
LOL......"putty and paint.....make things what they aint".........lol. Its strong, just not very professional looking......
Thanks given by:
Well it looks good to me Thumbsup
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
thanks daveH....it`ll work out ok I think. I tend to be a little picky.......:)
Thanks given by:
heres the stand with the drawer painted and the filler piece under the drawer

[Image: IMG_20130328_191649_195.jpg]
Thanks given by:
got to do a little tonight, moved it to where it will reside, leveled the stand with a carpenters level, put the base on, put the column on, which judging by the rocking will need some shimming. Then I set the saddle in place just to gawk at it......I think Im going to invert the table on the saw horses and put the saddle on with the gib and put the leadscrew in and snug down the feed nut. This weekend will be a wash with the holiday.......
[Image: IMG_20130329_201756_483.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20130329_201739_823.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looking good so far. It must be the pic but the column looks to be leaning backwards.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
lol, it does doesnt it......maybe its gotta be shimmed more than I thought it does........
Thanks given by: