Home Anodizing Set-up
Well done Tom, well done.

"Billy G"
Thanks given by:
Thanks Ed, I was pleased with the results. Only problem is now they'll probably want everything anodized. Slaphead

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
(04-25-2013, 04:15 PM)TomG Wrote: Thanks Ed, I was pleased with the results. Only problem is now they'll probably want everything anodized. Slaphead

Tom

Yup, and we will be wondering if you give members of this forum a discount. Smile

Ed
Thanks given by:
What a great result Tom Smiley-signs107 Thumbsup
Really do look nice Worthy
From start to finish how long does the anodizing process take ?
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Excellent work Tom. Now you get to bill your company for the whole anodizing setup!
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
Thanks Bill.

Darren: I don't think I could pull off a "bill for the whole set-up" thing, but I'm sure I could justify increasing my shop rate. Chin

Dave: The whole process takes an hour and forty five minutes by the clock, but it's all process time so I can do other things while the magic is happening.

Tom
Thanks given by: DaveH
I've been finishing up some details on the anodizing bench. It now has a couple coats of bright blue glossy paint, a complete bubbling system and a good start on the hinged top/work surface. I still need to stuff some foam board between the tanks and outer wall, make a trim panel out of the white Melamine board with cutouts for the tank tops and finish trimming out top and installing the gas springs to hold it up. I also ordered another temperature controller to cool the anodizing tank, so that and another relay will be added to the controller. The end is near.

Tom

[Image: 028.JPG]

[Image: 031.JPG]

[Image: 030.JPG]
Thanks given by:
Awesome job Tom. It looks like you've created another career for yourself. Big Grin

Just let me know when you get the hard coat system worked out. Rotfl
Willie
Thanks given by:
Thanks Willie, but I have enough "careers" already.

I don't there is anything magical about hardcoat. It's just regular anodizing done at a cooler temperature to allow a thicker (.002") deposit. Unfortunately due to the smaller pore size, it can only be dyed black or dark green. The application that I built this set-up for only requires type II anodizing, but I do have other hobbies that use type III (as do you Thumbsup).

Tom
Thanks given by:
Looking good Tom. Just for a perspective, which Lab is in the photo - the normal size one or the giant?
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by: