Home Anodizing Set-up
Tom,
Coming along very nicely Smiley-signs107
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Today's task was to get started on the control box to hold all of the relays, controllers and switches and to act as a junction box for all the wiring. It's been kind of an on again off again day because the wife is out of town and I have housework to do. Sad I did manage to get the box made and a few of the components mounted. Tomorrow will be wiring day.

Now, it's time to watch the University of Michigan beat Syracruse in the final four.

Tom

[Image: 005_8.JPG]

[Image: 006_6.JPG]
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
Quote:Now, it's time to watch the University of Michigan beat Syracruse in the final four.

Tom

I agree Tom. Go Michigan!

Ed
Thanks given by:
Michigan wins! GO BLUE!

This will be interesting since I have family here and in Louisville. A true family rivalry. Thumbsup

Tom
Thanks given by:
I'll wear the Michigan University t-shirt presented to me at at the meeting last year today Tom Big Grin
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
(04-06-2013, 10:42 PM)TomG Wrote: Michigan wins! GO BLUE!

This will be interesting since I have family here and in Louisville. A true family rivalry. Thumbsup

Tom

That is going to be one hell of a game! A great match up!

Ed
Thanks given by:
It's been a long time since Michigan has gone all the way and this team is young, in fact the youngest team in the entire playoff. It will be fun to watch.

Thanks for representing us Darren.

Tom
Thanks given by:
I got started on the wiring today but since I suck at wiring, I didn't get near as much done as planned. Basically I got the power side of the relays wired to the heaters and got started hooking the control side to the controllers through all of the selector switches. The switches will allow me to turn on only the dye tanks that are being used. Since the anodizing tank will likely need cooling in the summer, I made room for another controller and relay and those are on order. The power still needs to be purchased. It looks like it will need to have #10 conductors to handle the load. Once that is in hand, I can feed the relays and split off 110V for the controllers, power supply and air pump. That will just about do it for the wiring, although a new circuit will need to be run to feed this monster.

Tom

[Image: 001_15.JPG]
Thanks given by:
The controller is finished. It turned into a lot bigger project than I expected, but as I mentioned earlier, I suck at wiring so I should have expected it. In fact, I'm gonna have my dad come over and take a look at it to make sure I didn't do anything overly stupid before powering it up. After that, a wet test is in order with water in the tanks. Before any of that can happen though, I need to run a 50 amp line to power the thing.

Tom

[Image: 003_10.JPG]

[Image: 004_9.JPG]
Thanks given by:
OK Tom, it's time for a reality check. This is becoming anything but a "Home Anodizing " set up. Thumbsup

"Billy G"
Thanks given by: