Home Anodizing Set-up
One of my previous designer/engineering positions involved lots of plastic tanks and plumbing. I typically just bought the bulkhead fittings. I know it's more fun to make stuff, but sometimes it's more expedient to purchase. And most wholesale plumbing suppliers stock a few of these.

https://www.haywardflowcontrol.com/ctg/B...1003_C.htm

for example.
Thanks given by:
Hey Tony,

I know there are off the shelf bulkhead fittings available, but they are much too large for this application. I was trying to keep the pipe as close to the side of the tank as possible to make more room for parts. Belive me, I would much rather have used an off the shelf part than make one but sometimes you need to get creative when working with limited space.

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
Well, we had some for instrumentation that were for 1/4 NPT, and they were either FRP or PE. Probably could be modified to suit, but I understand the need for something custom. Sometimes it's best just to make exactly what is needed.
Thanks given by:
It's coming along nicely Tom. Thumbsup

Ed
Thanks given by:
Smiley-signs064
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
There are a few things I don't understand when I figure out what is what I have some questions Tom.

"Billy G"
Thanks given by:
Very smart Tom Thumbsup
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Smiley-signs064 Neat and tidy and out of the way of hanging parts.
Willie
Thanks given by:
The chemicals are due in tomorrow so I've been pushing hard to get the tanks finished for the weekend. Tonight I drilled the air holes in the bubblers and tested one of them live. The WAG on the drill size and number of holes looks to be about right. I used a #70 drill and put five holes in on each side of the manifold. As you can see, there is more than enough agitation to keep things stirred up, in fact too much. But there are at least eight more to hook up, so it will calm down a bit. At least it looks like the pump I chose is going to be big enough. There's nothing like seat of the pants fluidics.

[Image: 002_12.JPG]

Here's a pic of the tanks sitting in the bench. From left to right is the cleaner, etch and anodizing tanks, with the dye tanks above. Now that I know these tanks are going to work out, I'll order another batch of them to occupy the rest of the slots for future dye additions.

[Image: 001_14.JPG]

This is the scary part: I stopped and picked up the sulfuric acid on the way home from work tonight. Now there is five gallons of it sitting in my shop. I definitely need to get the bench finished with the sealed top and forced ventilation. The machines are hard enough to keep from rusting as it is.

[Image: 003_9.JPG]
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
Looking good Tom - waiting to see it in action.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by: