Anyone have a PCP air rifle / gun
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Someone owe you money Dave?
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
Hi Mayhem,

Nah Rotfl Rotfl Rotfl anyway I would use my Beretta for that.

I was just wondering what they use to fill it. Scuba tanks are popular and hand pumps to a lesser degree.
I'm not lazy but I don't fancy a hand pump I might drop down dead half way, and that would really piss me off.
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
I'm not sure what a PCP rifle is, but a friend uses a paint ball gun to chase moose & deer off his property. It uses a CO2 cylinder that costs $2 to fill.

I want one so I can tell the deer apart, but the wifey don't like that idea much..
Thanks given by:
I don't have a PCP gun but I do have a Beeman RX-1 with a gas spring, along with a hand pump to pressurize it. Maximum pressure recommended is 24 bar (348 PSI) and it's a workout to get that much pressure with a hand pump. Even with quite a bit less volume than a PCP cylinder. I can't begin to imagine the effort it would take to hand pump 3000 - 3500 PSI.

I would have to go with a scuba tank or a high pressure Nitrogen tank myself (if the manufacturer allows for it.) You can purchase small 4500 PSI tanks as well - similar to the paint ball CO2 bottles, but it would wear thin on me refilling them all the time. Blink
Willie
Thanks given by:
Steve,
PCP - Pre charged pneumatic. The air gun has a reservoir that (in my case) is filled with air to 200 bar 3000psi.
At the moment I use a scuba tank.
I was wondering if there was a small electric (motor) driven pump available.
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Dave, I've been told that the commercial pumps (compressors) are in the neighborhood of $1 per PSI. Yikes

Have a look toward the bottom of the page: http://www.pomona-airguns.com/PCP%20Accessories.htm
And here: http://www.airgunsofarizona.com/Bauer.html

Being as resourceful as you are, you might consider building something like this: http://www.network54.com/Forum/79574/thr...-pumping--
Thumbsup
Willie
Thanks given by:
Willie,
Yikes the commercial ones are expensive - had no idea they cost that much Slaphead Slaphead Slaphead

The home made one using a hand pump looks terrific - I think I need to study it a bit more.
Thanks Willie Thumbsup
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Yeah, even the hand pumps are around $300 here. I think I paid $250 or more for my little Beeman hand pump probably 10 years ago.
But there were too many chuckle heads that ignored the "maximum pressure" warning and they were blowing the seals out of the guns, and then crying for warranty repairs. Beeman stopped that by refusing to import the hand pumps here several years ago. No longer offered.

Glad I got mine when I did... Happyyes
Willie
Thanks given by:
My
Mate has one
He is a fire fighter and gets a ba tank from work to fill his
I am sure there was a thread on madmodder about high pressure pumps
John
Thanks given by: