pattern in molding box

.jpg   amir1.JPG (Size: 66.8 KB / Downloads: 115)
First try at posting a picture!!! pattern & ingate for an aluminium or as uncle sam would say aluminum collar, homemade pattern, ingate & flask, petrobond sand. came out well [not allways the case he he] more will follow when my son shows me how!!
Graham.
the artfull-codger, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2013.
Thanks given by:
Hi
Graham
Once you have masterd the art of picture posting there will be no stopping you
What is the collar to be used for
John
Thanks given by: the artfull-codger
Yep, you can't stop there Rotfl
Nice looking pattern.
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by: the artfull-codger
(03-14-2013, 03:48 PM)doubleboost Wrote: Hi
Graham
Once you have masterd the art of picture posting there will be no stopping you
What is the collar to be used for
John

Hi John,
It was one of four we cast for a young lads gcse project that my son was teaching,not sure what he was making but they had to be turned & bored to fit, all I did was the casting as they had no foundry facilities at his school.
Graham.
the artfull-codger, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2013.
Thanks given by:
That is good that you could help out
I remember casting a aluminium "G" clamp at school using old desk frames
Happy days
John
Thanks given by:
Dodger, c'mon, am I the only one who has no idea of what "gcse" means?
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
(03-14-2013, 05:06 PM)doubleboost Wrote: I remember casting a aluminium "G" clamp at school using old desk frames
Happy days
John

I made one of these as well Big Grin Mine had a turned threaded steel insert for the threaded bar to fit in. I spent hours polishing that G clamp for its O level debut ...

Looks like you have this casting all sorted Graham Thumbsup
I started my furnace last year and it still isnt finished ! Talk about a slow worker. Although in my defence... I have also started many other projects that are in the to be finished pile Blush Rotfl
Andy Popcorn

b4dyc, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012. Oh yeah
Thanks given by:
(03-14-2013, 04:32 PM)the artfull-codger Wrote: It was one of four we cast for a young lads gcse project that my son was teaching

Okay, I'll ask properly. What does "gcse" mean?
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
(03-15-2013, 06:57 AM)stevec Wrote:
(03-14-2013, 04:32 PM)the artfull-codger Wrote: It was one of four we cast for a young lads gcse project that my son was teaching

Okay, I'll ask properly. What does "gcse" mean?

Sorry Stevec I wasn't ignoring you,I've just logged on, it's general certificate of secondary education.
Graham.
Thanks given by:
(03-15-2013, 06:33 AM)b4dyc Wrote:
(03-14-2013, 05:06 PM)doubleboost Wrote: I remember casting a aluminium "G" clamp at school using old desk frames
Happy days
John

I made one of these as well Big Grin Mine had a turned threaded steel insert for the threaded bar to fit in. I spent hours polishing that G clamp for its O level debut ...

Looks like you have this casting all sorted Graham Thumbsup
I started my furnace last year and it still isnt finished ! Talk about a slow worker. Although in my defence... I have also started many other projects that are in the to be finished pile Blush Rotfl

I'm not an ''expert'' on casting but I've cast quite a few things over the years 40 odd [years not castings]!!since my Dad & I built the first furnace, since worn out & re-built twice, like you I've got lots of things to make & not the time to do them I should have been born twins!!
Regards Graham.
Thanks given by: