pattern in molding box
Graham, thanks for that "general certificate of secondary education" clarification.
I'm glad I wasn't born a twin, I'm sure my sibling would work better and faster than me and at at our age he would certainly remember more. Angry
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
(03-15-2013, 03:06 PM)stevec Wrote: Graham, thanks for that "general certificate of secondary education" clarification.
I'm glad I wasn't born a twin, I'm sure my sibling would work better and faster than me and at at our age he would certainly remember more. Angry

Ha Ha, yes the old memory does play you up Stevec 2 weeks & I'll be an OAP, can't believe it, I'm going to work another year though then visit my daughter & family in perth australia as well as more time in the workshop,my wife's younger than me & she can't retire till 3 yrs time so I'll be a ''kept man!!]
Graham.
the artfull-codger, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2013.
Thanks given by:
(03-14-2013, 04:32 PM)the artfull-codger Wrote: Hi John,
It was one of four we cast for a young lads gcse project that my son was teaching,not sure what he was making but they had to be turned & bored to fit, all I did was the casting as they had no foundry facilities at his school.
Graham.

Good afternoon Dear Father :) The lad was making a radio using 3" acrylic tube as the body. The aluminium rings were machined up to fit on the ends of the tube to hold the speakers. The pattern was turned up on a woodlathe from MDF and finished with sanding sealer and wet-and-dry paper.
Philip
Thanks given by:
(04-16-2013, 07:00 AM)beermaker Wrote:
(03-14-2013, 04:32 PM)the artfull-codger Wrote: Hi John,
It was one of four we cast for a young lads gcse project that my son was teaching,not sure what he was making but they had to be turned & bored to fit, all I did was the casting as they had no foundry facilities at his school.
Graham.

Good afternoon Dear Father :) The lad was making a radio using 3" acrylic tube as the body. The aluminium rings were machined up to fit on the ends of the tube to hold the speakers. The pattern was turned up on a woodlathe from MDF and finished with sanding sealer and wet-and-dry paper.
Philip
AARRGGHHH I'm gobsmacked!! I can't believe my own son's joined this gr8 forum unbeknown to me!!! well all I can say is, you'll get a friendly welcome on here they're a really great bunch of lads, really friendly & helpfull [& when you help me print some of our pictures it'll be even better]
Graham [aka your ''old man'']
the artfull-codger, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2013.
Thanks given by:
Yup a real family affair,Smiley-eatdrink004
Hello Phillip and Welcome
Jerry Popcorn
P.S. thank you for the up date on the rings!Big Grin
ETC57, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by: