Fire Wood Processor
Wait! hey! one cylinder fell off! 17428
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
Nice video Thumbsup Smiley-dancenana
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Had found a gasket set for the engines when I picked them up. The gaskets probably have been sitting 30 - 40 years. They've shrunk ! The large ones that go on the gear case are about 1/2 an inch too small. Now its gasket making time. At least the metal sheeted head gasket is alright.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
One step forward two steps back. Had the engine COMPLETELY assembled, ready for a test fire tomorrow I thought. Put the spark plugs in to see how the compression felt and I hear this hissing sound. Huh. Put my hand on the exhaust and its sucking and the carb is blowing. Hum don't think thats right. Its amazing how much you have to disassemble to get at the timing gears. No clue how I did it but the timing marks sure weren't lined up. Got that straightened out, now have to reassemble a whole lot of parts, and it was looking so good. No photos, I was too Peed
Greg
Thanks given by:
All assembled, will give it a test fire tomorrow.
[Image: IMG_0526.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0527.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0528.jpg]
Greg
Thanks given by:
Added oil and fired it up today. What a sweet sound. Gave her a couple of cranks, nothing, poured a little gas down the intake and away she went. Starts now with just a flip.
It sure likes to walk around though, I bolted it to two 4 x 4 s and set the bucket of the tractor on them. It still tried to walk out from under the bucket, had to put a rubber mat under the skids then the bucket to hold it when you rev'ed it up. The flywheel must weigh 30 pounds so guess there's quite a gyroscopic effect when you accelerate it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Terrific job Greg. She looks great. Smiley-eatdrink004
Willie
Thanks given by:
Engines with magnetos rule. How about a video?

Nice job Greg.

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
Thanks Willie , I love that sound when the mag winds up and fires Tom. I'll see what I can do about a video and maybe Ed will oblige again and post it for me. Can't seem to get that to work.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Greg,

Try using Youtube. It's easy to upload a video directly from your computer and there is a button in the reply box just for them.

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by: