Fire Wood Processor
It is alive!

[Image: its-alive.jpg]

It's nice to have the splitter waist high like that. Has to save a lot of wear and tear on the back.

Nice job Greg. Thumbsup

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
Smiley-signs009

That should keep BF quiet!  Big Grin

Edit: Tom posted whilst I was typing mine! I was agreeing with Willie's post (not that I don't agree with Tom).
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
Looking good Greg! Smiley-signs107 Is there some way of advancing the uncut portion of the log a bit so the tilt to the splitter doesn't have the junk to be split hanging up? Thumbsup
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
Great job Greg,  Ive had great fun watching you do this build and BF wanting it finished.
All we need now are the pictures of the 21 trees. Drinks
Thanks given by:
Now we're talkin! Great job. Just a couple of tweaks and it will be in full swing.

Now the I told you so. I wrote earlier in this thread as to why you use the gear reduction on your log transport chain!!!!!! I told you so.
Thanks given by:
Thanks guys!
That would probably work Steve, once I get it moving a little faster.
Still need reduction BF or I'd be launching the logs off the end, hey that might be interesting. There's a chain drive after the reducer, I can play with that and get the speed I need.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Lookin good Greg. After you get the last tweeks you need to fully automate it. That way you can sit there, drink a beer and watch it work!
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
(08-23-2016, 06:26 PM)Vinny Wrote: ...you need to fully automate it. That way you can sit there, drink a beer and watch it work!

Why? Just teach the camera operator to use it and he achieves the same outcome.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
And so the Sahara Forest became the Sahara Desert!
Mike

SB 10K (1976) Rockwell vertical mill (1967) Rockwell 17" drill press (1946) Me (1949)
Thanks given by:
And Sahara MEANS desert, so the Sahara Desert is the Desert Desert.

You can imagine early explorers asking 'what is this place' and being told it was Sahara - which it is :)

( Sahara from Arabic ṣaḥrā‘ 'desert'. )
Andrew Mawson, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Oct 2013.
Thanks given by: