Fire Wood Processor
Really Ed, I just noticed it the other day.
Anyway, got the second hub machined and the two of them welded up.
[Image: IMG_1644.jpg]

There's a weld for you to copy Dave. I cheated and dug out my motorized welding table.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
(03-16-2015, 05:01 PM)f350ca Wrote: There's a weld for you to copy Dave. I cheated and dug out my motorized welding table.

All I can say is ............. You Suck and .................  Bleh
Rotfl
Luv ya Greg
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
I had to actually hold the torch in my hand as I cut this out. How primitive. 

[Image: IMG_1646.jpg]
Greg
Thanks given by: Bill Gruby
I am looking at this thread for the umpteenth time and still can't fathom the amount of work involved. The magnitude of this project is mind boggling. Absolutely amazing.

"Billy G"
Thanks given by:
We're just getting started Bill
Greg
Thanks given by:
Makes my stuff look like childs play. I know what a processor does, can't wait to see what you come up with.

"Billy G"
Thanks given by:
Posted this a while ago but it didn't show up, mum, maybe forgot the post button.

A friend has had this mag drill stored at my place for years now, doesn't get used often but sure handy for jobs like this.

[Image: IMG_1647.jpg]
Greg
Thanks given by:
Wow, useful bit of kit Thumbsup 
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH
Thanks given by:
They have their place Dave. I worked in the steel mills as a millwright helper when going through university, we used them all the time there, drilling holes in big wear plates for the coke ovens. I don't build much that can't be filed onto the mill.
Greg
Thanks given by:
The roller chain arrived today (free shipping from Princess auto). Priced it at the farm dealer, American made was $140 a roll, this was $55. For the application it will more than suffice.
With the chain in hand I could check my calculations for how far apart the shafts needed to be. Made up the tensioners and cut the angle iron to length.
The sleeve sticking up is where the bronze bushings will go, the 5 1/2 OD pipe will act as guides for the grousers as they come around.

[Image: IMG_1649.jpg]
Greg
Thanks given by: