Fire Wood Processor
Greg I noticed in the pictures of your processor when it was outside you have a long table/distance from the end of your splitting wedge to the end of the table. I assume that is to allow your splits to remain horizontal to enable you to easily slide them back to re-split as you only have a single wedge. Again I am assuming you do not intend to use a conveyor?
Thanks given by:
That's the plan BF. Will add a folding chute off the end to direct the split wood into a trailer to haul off and stack.

Oh got side lined again, someone needs 3 work tables built, might be another few days till we're back at this.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Hell of a machine, lots going on there ...... I like it!
Magazines have issues, everything else has problems

Thanks given by:
Hey....I have been patient for 2 weeks but now you need to get on this thing and finish it. Out of respect for your woodworking skills I have been silent. But no more Mr. Nice Guy.
Thanks given by:
"That's the plan BF. Will add a folding chute off the end to direct the split wood into a trailer to haul off and stack."

How 'bout offloading with a robotic arm equipped with visioning equipment in order to neatly stack the wood?  It could then be automatically banded together for moving with a forklift, bobcat or similar equipment.  Not trying to complicate it or anything like that. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Well working on the processor was to resume this week BF but the weather is against us now. Guess the shop was poorly designed for summer work. It stays 15 deg C down there and right now were at 31 C with a dew point of 18. I need to get it outside to work on the log bunks, if I open the big doors the warm wet air comes in and all the machinery gets covered with condensation. As soon as it cools down or the humidity drops we'll be at it.
For the time being the veranda is finally getting screened in to get me out of the bugs.
I like that idea Stan, but BF might come over here and go at me if I prolong the project any more.
Greg
Thanks given by:
(07-12-2016, 01:01 PM)f350ca Wrote: Well working on the processor was to resume this week BF but the weather is against us now. Guess the shop was poorly designed for summer work. It stays 15 deg C down there and right now were at 31 C with a dew point of 18. I need to get it outside to work on the log bunks, if I open the big doors the warm wet air comes in and all the machinery gets covered with condensation. As soon as it cools down or the humidity drops we'll be at it.
For the time being the veranda is finally getting screened in to get me out of the bugs.
I like that idea Stan, but BF might come over here and go at me if I prolong the project any more.

On Monday I will fell 21 trees. The minimum diameter is 400mm the largest is 750mm. They are destined to become firewood.

Soooooooooooo Greg..............
Thanks given by:
BF, Greg is going to tell you that you can't borrow the processor because its not painted Rotfl
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:
(08-06-2016, 02:13 PM)dallen Wrote: BF, Greg is going to tell you that you can't borrow the processor because its not painted Rotfl

I don't want to borrow it, I want to build one like it!
Thanks given by:
Actually got some time in on it this week, the humidity dropped and the doors opened. Put shielding under the splitter to protect the hydraulic lines and started on the bunks that will feed the logs in. I know no pictures so it didn't happen. Picasa Web where I've been uploading my pictures is no longer, Google took it over, looks like the photos are still there but I need to figure out how to upload new ones or find a new host.
You'd need a bigger machine BF, mine will only handle 600 mm. Out of curiosity, what type of trees are you cutting? That big you need my sawmill.
Your right Dave, still not painted.
Greg
Thanks given by: