New Log Splitter
(07-03-2013, 03:20 PM)DaveH Wrote: Mmmmmm ..........

DaveH

Is that "Polly" from Faulty Towers
She was married to John Clees
Thanks given by:
Aye it is John , quite a smart lady in her day , I bet John Clees was always doing funny walks about the house.......he needed two hip replacements I think ........I wonder why Rotfl

Cheers Mick
Micktoon, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Sep 2012.
Thanks given by:
(07-02-2014, 05:48 PM)Micktoon Wrote: Aye it is John , quite a smart lady in her day , I bet John Clees was always doing funny walks about the house.......he needed two hip replacements I think ........I wonder why Rotfl

Cheers Mick

She is not hard to look at DroolDroolDroolDrool
John
Thanks given by:
(07-02-2014, 04:56 PM)DaveH Wrote: Steve,
Is the wedge still removable? What did you do to strengthen it? or did you just sharpen it?
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH

Sorry Dave, Worthy How did I miss that ? 17428

Smiley-eatdrink004

O.K. now I now, it was only posted yesterday and I read the other log splitter posted before it. DUH!
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
Steve,
Here 2nd and 3rd photo http://www.metalworkingfun.com/showthrea...7#pid19417   you have used a plate welded to the tank for the wheels. Thumbsup 
What thickness is the plate you used?
Thanks
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Dave, it's 1/4" thick. If you need any other details let me know.

Steve

Smiley-eatdrink004
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
Thanks Steve
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Thank YOU Dave! I re-read the whole thread and quite enjoyed it (especially the many compliments).
So with winter weary spirits buoyed, I bid you all a good night.

Steve

Smiley-eatdrink004
Thanks given by:
Just found this thread and it reminded me of the  arch I built for bringing logs to my sawmill. I made it from a bent towtruck boom section, and a trailer axle I found at the junkyard. Nt suitable for cutting firewood as Steve's is, but it sure makes getting logs to the mill easier!

[Image: ModelMArchsm.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Did you ever make the four way splitter Steve? Im debating whether to use one on the processor, or go with a single wedge and smaller faster cylinder. Its probably a limited number of blocks that would be the right size to split in four. If its say 8 or 10 inches in dia splitting it in four would make kindling. If the blocks are over 12 you'd need to split them in say 6 pieces.
(hope I got all my spelling wright)
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by: