New Log Splitter
Ok, but i meant 6 1/2 single face cords. (Don't complicate things,,, us "too old school " buggers are still livin back in the ole days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol

4Ft x 8Ft x 16 inch firewood.
sasquatch, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Jul 2012.
Thanks given by:
But I cut mine 19 inches (the splitter opens 20) does that make them Calabogie cords?
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Yes
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
WELL are you going to show us the new engine!!!!
Greg
Thanks given by:
Okay, okay! here it is.

Here it is mounted, I only had to drill 2 new holes and I'm glad I didn't build the control panel I was planning. The new engine has it's own panel!
The pump mount that I made and re-made won't work due to length and engine mounting hole spacing so I'm gonna spring for a pump mount that's available from Princess Auto where I bought the pump and the new engine. It's only about 50 bucks and the splitter has already proven itself in order to justify another expenditure.

P.S. the ugly weldment sitting on top of the new engine is the pump mount I made
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
Looking good Steve. Thumbsup
Willie
Thanks given by: stevec
Hey, Here's a pic of the growing log pile.
There's 2 more 8 foot lengths waiting for me to add them to the pile but the mosquitoes (why do they have a Mexican sounding name?) got to me.

There's 4 more trees on the ground from my spring blitz (before they leafed out). And dozens of large (6-8inch) limbs to harvest.
Then we get down to the branches and anything down to 2" dia will be harvested for my little airtight in the machine shop.
Thanks given by:
Nice looking little engine, didn't see that one in the catalogue.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Nice engine Thumbsup

We use cubic metres to measure wood - seems a lot easier to me. Smiley-dancenana

DaveH
Thanks given by:
Got to work yesterday morning and junked up 4 logs to test the new splitter engine.
After lunch I set up the splitter, it worked like a charm, nice and quiet and POWERFUL.
Took about 1½ hrs. to split and stack the 24 junks, each took about 7 splits yielding 8pcs per to be stacked when the wheel barrow was full,
About 200 pcs.

The splitter was so intimidating to the junks waiting their turn one actually tried to split itself.

I used my logging Arch to lift the logs onto a wooden "cutting table"
so that I could chainsaw standing erect (not leaning down), a little time consuming but great on the back.

While chainsawing I worked out a better way to use the arch. If I replace the table with a frame of rollers in a wide V I can winch the log up onto the rollers and then advance the log out the end 16 inches at a time, the last cut will require the last piece to be anchored to the V roller "trough" but that shouldn't be too difficult to work out.
Thanks given by: