900cc turbo kart !
Hi All , I have got involved in a project trying to sort out a Drag racing kart for a mate of mine..............its a Honda 900cc fireblade bike engine with turbo fitted running on carbs with electric gear shifter. Its been standing for three years so needs a good sort out and some TLC.

Here are a couple of links to it running at Santa Pod drag strip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-6iw8kvFTg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-u_eX2bGFw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txI8joEoo9c

This is how it looks now, bit of a sad state from sitting around for so long, the engine ran for a short while, chucked it and wont start again, its new petrol. The wiring is not the best and been done by someone else so I have been stripping the harness back to see wht goes where as the first step.

[Image: Kart001.jpg]

[Image: Kart003.jpg]

[Image: Kart007.jpg]

[Image: Kart008.jpg]

Its had a genral clean off , just so its ok to work on and see what is what really at this stage. A few bits have been taken off to gain access to the wiring, its already looking better but still a long way to go yet.

[Image: Kart017.jpg]

[Image: Kart011.jpg]

[Image: Kart013.jpg]

So I have managed to find some wiring instructions for the ingition and gear shirter on the net and am just tracing back wiring and will re do half of it as I am not happy with the way its been done and go from there .................. should sound nice with that exhaust Big Grin

Cheers Mick.
Micktoon, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Sep 2012.
Thanks given by:
I do NOT want my grandsons to see that amazing machine!
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
We want to see a video of that Mick when you get her running!!

Gotta be pretty Quick!! Do you have any Et's or MPH's from previously?
sasquatch, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Jul 2012.
Thanks given by:
First video shows a 9.457 @ 133.56 MPH.
Very impressive!
Willie
Thanks given by:
I can just see Mick and John (doubleboost) drag racing their go karts down the A167
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
Just been out to get new plugs and fresh petrol as I was told it had new petrol in but did not see it get put in so would rather know it IS in there.
Mayhem you must be joking about me and Doubleboost racing down the A167 ..................... you want to see the state of the roads in the UK , you need climbing gear to get back out some of them........... you need a Landrover defender to cope with some B roads and the A roads are not much better .......so it will have to be the main A1 motorway Rotfl
............ right I am off for another try at starting the engine .
Cheers Mick
Micktoon, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Sep 2012.
Thanks given by:
Just got to watch the videos mick,, very impressive!

As an old drag racer from way back, i'm amazed at some of the horsepower a lot of these engines are producing.
The general public has no idea of the science involved .
sasquatch, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Jul 2012.
Thanks given by:
(03-25-2013, 11:13 AM)Micktoon Wrote: ...Mayhem you must be joking about me and Doubleboost racing down the A167 ..................... you want to see the state of the roads in the UK , you need climbing gear to get back out some of them........... you need a Landrover defender to cope with some B roads and the A roads are not much better...

Where is your sense of adventure Mick?
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by: