a stroll thru a 125 year old pocket watch
(03-25-2013, 11:48 PM)Tony Wells Wrote: Pocket watches have always fascinated me. I was given an old Pocket Ben by an uncle who got it from my grandfather who died before I was born. Ever since, I wanted more. Never went out and started collecting, but I sure enjoy browsing this site:

http://www.darlor-watch.com/pocket_watches_1.html

You did a nice cleanup of that one. Glad to see someone take care of it.
Tony, thanks for the compliment. I used to always say I wish I could work on a watch guess I can't say that any more. The funny thing is that unless your trying to make parts for one there not that hard to take apart and put back together. I do find it enjoyable to mess with them. what sucks is when you loose a part and can't find it or find it three days after receiving the replacement had that happen with a shaft.

I checked out the site you linked to, I do believe that a lot of their watches are out of my league.

as an up date the watch that I started this thread about even with a rusted pinion in it is still running this morning. wish I could say that for some of the crap that they make now days.

David
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: a stroll thru a 125 year old pocket watch - by dallen - 03-26-2013, 08:47 AM
RE: a stroll thru a 125 year old pocket watch - by Bill Gruby - 03-29-2013, 04:56 PM
RE: a stroll thru a 125 year old pocket watch - by Bill Gruby - 03-29-2013, 06:59 PM
RE: a stroll thru a 125 year old pocket watch - by Bill Gruby - 03-29-2013, 08:09 PM